Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting swf Path Problem

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I know the (former?) problem in Adobe Dreamweaver, and now/still in Animate.
When exporting a .swf file, Animate can't open the Path because there is a / oder space in some folder names.

Any suggestions how i can let the app load the relative path, not the absolute path or ignore those "non-websave" namings?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click file>publish settings>swf and change your swf's location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.

I don't like to have it at another location than the .fla file.

I want Animate to ignore my folder names...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then move your fla file, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, mybe my question was misunderstood.

A common case in class: One of my students named a folder "school 19/20". In this folder there is a folder for the lessons "mep", then a folder for severel techers and my animate lesson, for instance "multiman", in there are several folders for "tutorials", "storyboard", "animation".

In "animation" are the .fla files.

The reason why it can't show the swf ist because of the folder "school 19/20".

Error opening URL: "file:////Users/multistudent/Documents/school%19/29/mep/multiman/animation/skateboard.swf"

For sure, we can rename that folder. I know that.

BUT: my wish was, that Animate could ignore my choice of naming parent folders that are independent of the folder the fla lays in.

relative vs. absolute path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi multiman,

Are you saying when the FLA is published, a SWF is created in a different folder to the FLA - so a few folders up? If so, in the Pulblish Settings window, in the Output name - ensure there is a single name with no folder references.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dean,
No, it's exporting like it should into the same folder the fla is in.
Animate can't open the swf. I can open the swf in Finder though.Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-31 um 11.25.12-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to open the SWF in Animate through File > Open?
If so, Animate is not able to open an play a SWF with in the Amimate environment. You can play teh SWF if you have the Flash player or if you open a browser with the Flash plugin.

A side question - is tehre any reason you're still outputing to SWF? It would be better to develop in HTML5 Canvas. The SWF Flash format is less supported and soon will have 0 support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we use cmd+Enter just to preview our animation.
It works to open the swf from the finder in the Flash Player.
We export a Video in the End.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

It must be a mac that allows you to use slash in a folder name, but this is a really bad practice.

I mean, this is really BAD practice to insist to use / in a folder (or file) name.

Come on!

You're really asking for trouble.

Use an underscore or hyphen and all will be fine.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm not sure what you're failing to understand, but the solution was given in the first response. and DON'T rename the problematic folder.  that would cause more problems.

so again, click file>publish settings>swf and change your swf's location.  and because you want your swf and fla in the same folder change the fla's location while you're changing the swf's location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines