• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extracting Actionscript 2.0 Without Deleting it.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I'm working on a project which involves the updating and conversion of several older (~2013) .fla's. The project is at a stage now where we'd like to extract the Actionscript 2.0 out of these files to reference and build off of, however Animate deletes any Actionscript 2.0 once the file is opened. 

One thought we had was to try to install CS6, in order to get a version of Flash compatible with the older files. However, they may be scratched or have some sort of file corruption as we were getting errors saying either they install had failed due to missing files or the installer failed to inititalize. Most of the help I've come across suggest downgrading to an older version of Animate through methods which are no longer supported. 

Is there a way to extract Actionscript 2.0 out of an older .fla using the current Adobe product suite? If not, what might you suggest? 

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Animate does NOT delete all AS2 code. It only deletes code "attached to symbol or component instances". Which you shouldn't have any of in the first place.

Flash Pro CS6 runs fine in Windows 10, so it does sound like damaged media. I'd try finding another copy. There are SWF decompilers too if you feel like going that route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines