• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper gradient not working correctly in Animate (20.0.2) on Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a couple other posts with similar issues in previous versions, but I didn't actually see a solution.

So let's say you have a shape that is a gradient.  Let's say it's the default black and white gradient.  If I select the shape/gradient itself on the stage, then move my cursor into the color panel, then DOUBLE-CLICK say, the specific black color chip of the gradient, it will give me the eyedropper like it should.  Then if I choose any other color in the scene that I want to replace the black color with, it simply doesn't select that new color.  Instead, it's as if at that moment the eyedropper is still behaving like the normal selection tool because as soon as you pick your new color from whatever other color/object/PNG/etc in the scene, it selects that object instead of grabbing the color.

I hope this is making sense.  To quote another user's post, "something seems off with the graident color picker".

I'm not sure when this started happening as I haven't done much gradient work lately, but I'm running the latest OS on my Mac (Catalina 10.15.3) along with the latest Animate update (20.0.2).

To be clear, when the gradient is selected, an you SINGLE-CLICK a color chip from the gradient in the color panel, you can freely pick any of the default colors or any swatches you have made.  That works fine - but selecting any other color in the scene is the problem.

This has haunted me in previous versions of Animate at work, but depending on the project and how long I'm using the software, I just worked around it.  Nowadays, I can't.

It doesn't seem like it would be a new setting or feature I'm not familiar with.  Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Error , Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Hello, please check if Animate 2020 is given permission in Accessibility settings under Security and Privacy settings. Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 1.26.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Sorry.  I’m working on a monochromatic animatic so I can get away with picking default black and white color chips for the most part.  But when it comes time to add color this is gonna be a problem.  I feel like it's something that's happened to me before so I dunno if it's an "old bug" or something I have done to myself multiple times...  Hope someone can help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please check if Animate 2020 is given permission in Accessibility settings under Security and Privacy settings. Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 1.26.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BINGO baby!  I also restarted Animate (if necessary) and after allowing accessibility the eyedroper works as intended!

I know this is sort of a new thing for Adobe products because of Mac's latest OS.  I remember I needed to check accessibility options for my Wacom drivers in order for my Cintiq to work upon updating the OS, but I never knew/thought there would be issues with the Adobe/Animate software itself.

Easy fix!  Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines