• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback on the update user interface for Animate 2020

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys. After latest update, the UI is horribly robust making it unusable on laptops or smaller displays in general. Not mentioning that a lot of elements were shuffled and hidden in non-logic places. Please, are we able to make the text (especially in library list) smaller? And can we move the icons between toolbars? I really don't want to look for magnet tool in some Doc sub-tab.

Thank you

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me...Cant export in "gif" cause the UI is too big for my screen i wish i can resize it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go back, mate. Install an older version.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you think the word "robust" means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with this. UI is HUUUGE even after changing preferences to 'compact' and editing timeline frame preferences to 'short'. I have gone deaf in both eyes now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI changes in Animate 2020 are really getting in the way of productivity. I'm working in files with hundreds of Library elements, and many, many instances of objects in timelines. Navigating the Library is painful, but even worse "Instance of" labels in the Object Properties panel is cut off by buttons, so you can't see what you have selected unless you mouse-hover over the UI element! 😞

This isn't just a step backwards, it's completely antithetical to the role of Animate for users --- we're DEVELOPERS. We NEED too see information. We do not care if it's pretty or subtle or has really nice fonts and spacing.

I get paid to produce - if I can't (and I'm losing a lot of time to Animate 2020 already) then I'm going to lose work. Please put someone who actually understands this in charge of UX. Start by including the whole UI in the 'Compact' UI Appearance profile.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution (for me anyway) is to uninstall 2020 and use 2019 (which is better than 2020 but not as good as...) 2018 (which is better than 2019 in my opinion- is a pattern emerging?) I'm not going to be all negative here about my experiences of 2020 (plus I am really busy to be problem solving etc) but, jeez, come on Adobe. I'm honestly concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't disagree with anything you've said here really. Have you tried the timeline options (short to tall frames) or selecting "Small Screen from the workspaces button. It helps a bit but I cant understand why the properties panel has to be the size of a Star Destroyer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My theory is that all the project managers at Adobe have massive 4K monitors on their desktops, and can't imagine that this isn't normal for everyone using their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, Clay,

I have personally multiple times pointed this out to them during feedback sessions and in the prerelease. I have posted at least two different topics while it was in beta and did multiple posts in other people's topics - all illustrated with screen grabs comparing my favourite CS6 and AA20, just like yours comparing AA18 and AA20 timelines.

Multiple times I insisted that there should be two, maybe even 3 levels of density for all interface elements, giving gmail as example. I have, just like you, spoken about the terrible lack contrast in the light versions of the interface also.

All this was ignored.

Catering to touch screens makes absolutely no sense at all, because no one in their right mind would use a finger when they have a Wacom stylus in their hand.

Animate apparently has huge performance issues on 4k displays - slowing down more and more, proportionally with the increase of resolution. There have been many reports about this: people showing how as they shrink the program window, performance improves.

Regardless of my desire to move on, I'm stuck for all my professional work with CS6 as no newer version passes my requirements for sturdy and well-functioning professional software.

I have said this before too: A piece of software can only take a certain amount of bad releases before its support community fractures and people move away adopting alternatives. Then it is irreparable. We have seen it happen with Director and others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm inferring that you use CS6 on a PC because I found every single version of Flash/Animate to be unstable on a Mac until we hit 2018, then it went bad again and finally got fixed in the second release of 2019. Crashed multiple times a day - sometimes 10 or 12 ruddy times. I have filenames that are literally recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_recover_animation.fla !!

But I agree that the interface has got progressively worse.

With regard to touch versus stylus – I sometimes use a Wacom Mobile Studio and I do use touch for the tool bar with my thumb on the left side of the screen which is useful as the hotkeys are designated to things like Shift or Alt etc. However, I see no reason why we can't have variable menu sizes for multiple use cases and screen sizes. You could drive a monster truck through some of the wasted space in the new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes, Windows has been my OS of choice for decades.

I did not know about the stability issues, but some 6-7 years ago I was teaching at a college in Sydney where they had dual boot iMacs and at the time it was very obvious that Flash ran faster on Win 7 than on OS X.

Thanks for your input and comments.

The more people speak up, the better chance I believe there is to get some improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Adobe softwares. But this kind of UI problems correlated to the price/rules of subscription don't make them very fair and democratic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines