Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File menu hover opens wrong dropdown menu

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having this weird bug where my upper menu is acting wonky. So much that it makes it pretty much unusable. The strange thing is that I don't have this in any other Adobe CC package, which I would expect in a case like this. I did update the last version yesterday, but I hadn't worked on this system with Animate CC before so I can't say if it was present in the previous version of Animate.

So for example, if I hover over 'File', it will open the 'Control' dropdown menu. If I hover over it and DON'T move my cursor, it'll open the correct one. But as soon as I then move my cursor any direction, it will switch to the wrong menu.

It applies to the File, Edit, View, Insert, and Modify links. But everything after that works fine. Very odd.

animateccbug.jpg
I did some googling but didn't find anything useful. The only thing that seemed to come close was the following, which didn't help me. The drop down sub menus display on the wrong side

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was supposed to be corrected with the latest version, but just in case, are your display settings 100%?

Screenshot - 1_29_2017 , 7_28_47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to work, only my smaller screen now has tiny content Changing the resolution to compensate for that doesn't seem to be a good option. Any suggestions? And thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, that problem with screen resolution was solved (i thought) with this version:

Screenshot - 2_1_2017 , 10_32_16 AM.png

if you have that version installed, Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the latest version installed. I'll post on that forum.

I've switched to 100% and it does work now, but it's not ideal on my setup. It's also weird that it works fine in all other Adobe applications I use, other than Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few updates after some testing:

- If I move my Animate CC program to my primary screen (on the right side), it will work fine. When I move it to the left side, I get the bug. (resolution is the same on both screens)

- When I make my left screen my primary monitor, it works fine on BOTH screens. But I can't physically switch my screens around here, so that's out of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, this problem is still reoccurring. Are you guys going to fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

if you want to report a bug to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I am also STILL experiencing this issue almost 1 year later. Please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now 2022, I am on the latest version, build 407. I am experiencing the exact same issue. Interesting, this was reported 5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Drago Ivanov, well, at least, the correct menu does appear.

did you go through the above suggestions including setting the display to 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I am on the 23.0.2, build 103, screen at 100% (secondary screen) and I am experiencing the exact same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know where to look for the scaling problem, but somewhere there's a screen scaling that's not 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched my secondary screen to the main screen and that solved the problem
(the main screen is therefore at 100%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is a way to fix things so you can use that secondary screen. i just don't know what it is offhand, but googling would probably give an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines