File open error .fla - Animate 2021

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday my disk was full while working.
I didn't know about it and saved my work. Today I can't open an animation file.The "error opening the file" window appeared.
I don't know what to do, I tried the .rar method, but half of the objects in the animation disappeared 😞
Please help, this animation cost me a lot of work.
(ps. forgive my level of English, I come from Poland)169039577_1261171017618741_541362842103862232_n.jpg

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your fla is corrupted.  if you failed to save a previous version with a different name:

1. you can try to repair it or

2. you can look for an autorecovery file (that may not be corrupted) and,

3. if you published a swf that works, you may be able to decompile the swf to recreate a working (or close to working) fla.

1. rename the corrupted fla to a rar file>open in winrar and repair it>rename the repaired rar to a fla>try to open the repaired fla in animate

2. *open AutoRecoverFilenames.txt** and see if there was a saved file listed and, if so, check the folder location listed

3. you can try to use decompiler software (eg, sothink).

** win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac: Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

p.s. in the future save your fla's with increase version name appended, eg project_v000.fla, project_v001.fla etc

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines