• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling color missing when importing a .swf file.

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to import a .swf file in my .fla project but each time I do, part of the color is missing... I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

The first screen is the proper image and the one below is when I import it.

Here is the file if you wanna try it out : https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/0c4be046-ff0b-4321-9399-57865d4e71d4

Please send help I'm pulling my hair out

gIqz6J6.png

7nXZEzd.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Well... you probably know that SWFs are not the best thing to import into Flash. They are intended only as exported, compressed files, which lose much important editing information during 'publication'.

The SWF in question appears to be messed up the way it is, with the little hole near the bottom, so no surprise that it goes even worse when imported. It's tiny as well.

The best approach if you need it and don't have the FLA is to import that screen grab and re-create in a minute.

Of course, you can try a SWF decompiler, but if it's only this one SWF I don't think the effort is worth it.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi !

Thanks for your response.

Yes I could recreate it, the thing is I’ve got a massive bunch of files to work with. I would have like to fix what could be the problem instead of recreate it as it would take much more time.

I did try the swf decompiler but it gave me the same result when imported in flash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines