• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding the endpoints of a stroke with JSFL

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find the endpoints of a user created curved line with JSFL. I've tried using shape.vertices, but the array seems to be sorted somewhat randomly, so I can't count on the first and last elements of the array to be the endpoints.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

So it's the messy solution I'm afraid XD

Ok, I've rearranged the JSFL manual's algorithm for contours' navigation in order to store the vertices of a path neatly in an array, so the first and last element of the array would be the end points:

//just take first contour for testing. Can loop through "contours" array for the others eventually

var contour = fl.getDocumentDOM().getTimeline().layers[0].frames[0].elements[0].contours[0];

var he = contour.getHalfEdge();

var iStart = he.id;

var id = 0;

var poin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, the cubic segments of a shape are stored in order, so if you retrieve the first point of the first segment and the last point of the last segment you should have the endpoints:

startPoint = shape.getCubicSegmentPoints(0)[0];

endPoint = shape.getCubicSegmentPoints(shape.numCubicSegments-1)[3];

This method would work only if your element is a single shape though, either in merge or object drawing mode. If you have multiple shapes in merge mode or a drawing object composed of multiple shapes, Animate will consider them as a whole, unique shape, not distinguishing the cubic segments. In those cases, things will become real messy since you'll have to distinguish each contour and navigate it using half edges and methods getNext()/getPrev() of HalfEdge objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, thanks b_ogge, that works. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this works on the first run through of a shape but if you add more points to it then getCubicSegmentPoints are all out of order. So if you have a path with 4 points then the end is 4. But if you add a point between 1 and 2 then this new point becomes 5 which means the endPoint is not at the end but between 1 and 2...

Do you think there a way to reset the segment numbering each time or another way to always know that the endPoint is at the end?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's the messy solution I'm afraid XD

Ok, I've rearranged the JSFL manual's algorithm for contours' navigation in order to store the vertices of a path neatly in an array, so the first and last element of the array would be the end points:

//just take first contour for testing. Can loop through "contours" array for the others eventually

var contour = fl.getDocumentDOM().getTimeline().layers[0].frames[0].elements[0].contours[0];

var he = contour.getHalfEdge();

var iStart = he.id;

var id = 0;

var points = [];

while (id != iStart) {

points.unshift(he.getVertex());

if(he.getPrev().getEdge().id==he.getOppositeHalfEdge().getEdge().id) {

points.unshift(he.getPrev().getVertex());

break;

}

he = he.getPrev();

id = he.id;

}

he = contour.getHalfEdge();

iStart = he.id;

id = 0;

while (id != iStart) {

points.push(he.getVertex());

if(he.getNext().getEdge().id==he.getOppositeHalfEdge().getEdge().id) {

break;

}

he = he.getNext();

id = he.id;

}

var startPoint = points[0];

var endPoint = points[points.length-1];

Note that this won't work always properly with paths having lines crossing each other (like an X-shaped path in merge drawing mode or a curled line in any drawing mode) since Animate has an odd method of creating crossing lines (not neat as Illustrator), but at least the start and end point should be correct in most of those cases. It will need some more tweaking for better storing middle points, but I hope it's enough for your current situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested this extensively, but it seems to work. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks b_ogge, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines