Highlighted

Finish animation before moving to next frame

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an animation inside a movie clip that loops, and a button that "Goes to the next frame and plays"

When I click on the button that goes to the next frame, it does it in the middle of the animation.

I want to know how I can make the animation of the first frame finish before it moves onto the next frame.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Finish animation before moving to next frame

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an animation inside a movie clip that loops, and a button that "Goes to the next frame and plays"

When I click on the button that goes to the next frame, it does it in the middle of the animation.

I want to know how I can make the animation of the first frame finish before it moves onto the next frame.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your button click handler code set a boolean variable true inside the looping clip, and hide the button, so the user won't think their click wasn't registered because there isn't any immediate response. On the last frame of the looping clip, add code to check the value of that variable, and if it's true, tell its parent to go to the next frame.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, is there any way you can go more in depth with the code I need to use?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2019 0
ClayUUID LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go into any more depth in a useful manner, I'd need to know what exactly went wrong when you tried to implement this approach.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2019 1