• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC - Drawing Tablets slow response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this new version of flash, When I drew quick strokes with a curve they convert into a single line as seen below.

Drawingdraw.png

I have tried a reset with having no other programs open and setting the priority higher.

It's a cintiq13HD and I didnt have this problem with CS6.

The things on the stage are meant to be circles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

The update that contains fix for this bug is now available.

Please refer to the release notes for details on bugs fixed.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/release-notes-flash-pro-cc.html#Flash%20Professional%20CC%20Update%201%20%2813.0.1%29

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 143 Replies 143
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This might happen due to corrupted wacom drivers. Please quit flash, re-install wacom drivers(restart as required) and launch flash.

Let us know if you still face any issues.

Thanks

Akshatha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, i'd like to know what are the best "drawing pads" choices to buy for adobe. if anyone has any suggestions .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the intuos pen and touch is good for beginners ( I think Wacom released new models) and if you're advanced or you do art or whatever for a living then you might want to invest in an intuos pro or cintiq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Cintiq 21UX and it works great with everything but Flash. Not the tablets fault, I've used flash on every device out there and the problem is the application  Flash itself not being responsive, accurate, or fast enough when sketching. Toon boom draws much smoother for vector graphics. Flash has let their brush tool gather dust for over a decade now with no meaningful upgrades for professional sketching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have had a similar problem and have reported it.

basically the faster I drew the choppier the lines.

Hide or close the info panel when drawing.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

Resorting to the Adobe Forums is the last thing I wanted to do, however I'm incapable of finding a solution elsewhere and the problem is extremely annoying to deal with.
Flash is working perfectly fine except for one very essential detail.

The brush tool draws just fine, however after working in the flash program a while, the brush tool line lags noticeably behind the cursor. The same applies to any tool when used by the tablet, however there is instant response when the mouse is used with the tools.
Closing Flash CC and rebooting the program resets the lag, however it comes back after a while. I haven't encountered this problem in any of my other Adobe Programs.

Flash Adobe CC 2015 Progressive Brush Lag - YouTube

I work with Intuos Pro, and the driver is up to date.
I also have two graphics cards, NVIDIA 760 and NVIDIA 960, and my operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I have to keep saving the work and initiation flash again every 2 minutes or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the exact same problem. It's getting very irritating having to reboot the software every 5 minutes.

I'm on Windows 10, have 16GB RAM, Wacom Intuos Pro, All drivers up to date, Tuneup Utilities set with most background software disabled and Flash CC set to the highest priority, and STILL.. the god damn tablet lag persists after just a few minutes of being able to use it normally.

What can be done!? Is there any staff out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted the problem on another forum so the question can be marked as unanswered, please bring attention to it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem here. The lag started more and less two minutes after I open of use too. Firstly I thought it was because I have imported PSD image but I already tested again and the lag happened without nothing imported. I did everything you said, but nothing happened. I have a wacom cintiq  and when I tried to draw a brush line appears crossing the screen, the eraser happens the same thing. What could I do to fix it? Help me to understand, please?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact issue is still present in Animate CC on the Surface Pro 4 - this is ridiculous, I've submitted bug report after bug report without even a response from Adobe, and I'm resorting to digging through years old articles trying to find a fix.

Honestly I feel like giving up on Adobe entirely. I had no idea these issues went back so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is still a problem (on a mac) in the new Animate CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved the problem
i Updated to the last version and changed the smoothing to be 100 Or zero
both of them stop the lines to be "laggy", but when i get it back to 50 the issue jumps back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I got so excited when I saw this but I'm afraid it didn't work for me! What version of Animate CC and drivers do you have installed - I know it's a bit much to ask but could you take a quick video of what you did to resolve? This issue is KILLING me.

Thankyou so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me.  Using latest CC 2017 on a Macbook Pro/ Cintiq.

I swear though, seems that brush performance in Animate has been going downhill since the Flash MX days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Fujitsu lifebook t5010... having the same issue with most recent version of animate cc. Definitely didn't have this issue with older versions of flash...   I guess no-one has found a solution for this yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big problem. Im using Adobe Animate CC 2017 and I can assure you...... THE PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.

Specifications:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 8-Core

RAM: 32GB

Boot SSD: 1TB

Samsung 960 Evo: 250 GB for Adobe Suite

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce X 1050 Ti

Im using a Wacom Cintiq 22HD with Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's October 2018 now, the original post was in 2013, it's been over 4 years that I've(we've) been waiting for a fix. Back on Windows 7 with Flash CS6, drawing worked great. It's very frustrating to be in this situation where I can't get work done, especially since I need to use Animate CC to make income.

It's been very frustrating using Animate CC to draw because of the initial drawing line bug. For Adobe developers working on AnimateCC, I'll tell you everything I know in hopes of making this your top priority. The below image is of blue circles that I drew to demonstrate the issue. I'm using the absolute latest version of AnimateCC and Windows 10. I circled the problem areas in red which are essentially the initial start to the drawing of the circles. Ironically the red circles are also warped due to this bug. Keep in mind that I'm a professional artist and drawing circles is common practice for me.

Below are some more circles but drawn with Adobe Photoshop CC on the same machine to show you the difference.

Let's look deeper into this issue. A big clue is that Windows uses screen holds to simulate right clicks. Below you can see this in action and how it relates to the issue. The radial matches up with the initial drawing line. Keep in mind that with Hold Right clicks turned on I am NOT able to draw until I cross that radial threshold.  You are not able to see it in the below animation but I am scribbling inside that radial circle during the time it looks like my cursor is frozen in the center. Only When I leave the radial area does my line begin to pick up.

DrawLineBug.gif

Now lets turn off Hold To Right Click

Just like previously, when the below cursor animation freezes I'm actually scribbling around a bit before I leave that now invisible radial area (at which point I'm not able to draw) and the drawing picks up with that straight line. If you are thinking in your head "this guy is claiming he can't draw dots or tiny circles" then you are correct.

DrawLineBug02.gif

but let's go ahead an turn on that Microsoft legacy patch that everyone's been talking about for photoshop (which is not needed currently with Photoshop CC). Then restart flash

what seems to be happening in the animation below is that the radial area seems to have gotten a lot smaller (maybe 1/5 the size) but still receiving the line drawing lag.

DrawLineBug03.gif

The faster you draw the more obvious and large that lag line becomes so the patch doesn't really fix much.

DrawLineBug04.gif

Below is just demonstrate how consistently bad this bug is. This is me trying to draw semi-circles. Red AnimateCC / Black Photoshop

DrawLineBug05.gifDrawLineBug06.gif

Please, please, please fix this bug. I make a living animating using AnimateCC and need this to work properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines