• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash cs5.5 question

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cant find a forum for Flash (the animating program).

I have cs5.5 and i want to know if i can still use it after Adobe purges flash player. Its as if Flash (the animating program) never existed to Adobe. I still use that program, currently working on an animation and all the "uninstall flash player" has me worried i won't be able to use my flash animation program anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can.

only publishing swf files for web browsers would be of almost no use becuase it's the flash player web browser plugin that was withdrawn by adobe (and has been of limited for the past few years).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF can still be used with WASM emulator like Ruffle-rs, Waflash, chearpX, Gnash, Xamarin etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, I too was wondering this for local purposes. So does that mean local standalone/debug versions of flash player will work indefinitely for viewing generated swf's? Those will not not affected by the kill switch? Or do users need to remain offline to ensure these older CS players don't receive the kiss of death from Adobe also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone with a compatible flash player can play swfs.  in particular, embeded players (in projector files) will work as long as they're opened on compatible os'es.  and users with players on their computers will be able to play swfs.

it's browser embedded players that are ending/ended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad, that was the impression I was originally under. However these last few days here at the forum and across the internet made it seem like everything flash related was under a kill switch and would cease to work and exist.

So if as you say local players, standalone players and projectors continue to work offline then that is good news to hear given the chaos leading up to these last days of the online players demise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

really, nothing's changed.

flash player for browser's has been dying steadily for the past few years.  steve jobs started the process (afaik) and he's been dead more than 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Its as if Flash (the animating program) never existed to Adobe."

You're aware that Adobe officially renamed Flash to Animate a few years ago, yes?

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/flash_is_now_animate_cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines