• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash cs6: blue boxes around my drawings?

Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to flash, I got the program from the school package and I'm currently making an animation for a school project, now about halfway through a 2 hour session of making my animation, blue outlined boxes started appearing around everything i drew (pencil drawings, boxes, circles, ect) and it's really frustrating to work with (for various reasons).

how to I remove these blue boxes?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you enabled Object mode somewhere along the line.  In the tools menu (where your drawing tools are) there should be an icon that resembles a circle surrounded by a rectangle.  Make sure it is not selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that isn't it. He is talking about thin/no fill blue boxes appear on his whole drawing divideing it into a lot of boxes. I am on my last straw I'm about to lose it. Object drawing mode does nothing and I can't figure out why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure if my problem was the same as yours but for mine, blue boxes would appear around each of my strokes. I figured out that that indicated that each stroke was like its own separate object, and it was merely outlining my objects. To fix this, you should first select one of your frames, then right click on the drawing and select "Break Apart". That should get rid of the blue boxes, but unfortunately that only works for that frame of that layer, so you'd have to do it with every single frame that has the problem. Something else that works (but doesn't solve the other problems that came with my issue, which was solved by the previous method I mentioned) is to go to View --> Hide Edges. This will remove the blue boxes, but not other problems (like the fill tool not working unless I make a completely closed shape in one stroke). I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate,

Just turn off "Object Drawing" mode and you will not need to Break Apart anything.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out because I am losing my mind over this as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so so much! This has been driving me insane FOR HOURS because I wasn't able to fill anything with the bucket tool, or draw lines over them. THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines