• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6 Crashing When Importing Files (Mojave Update)

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Adobe CS6 package pretty regularly, and I just recently updated my iMac to Mojave. I didn't have a problem updating my Photoshop settings to get everything back to normal, but now Flash is being a pain in the ass. It crashes whenever I try to import any kind of file, whether it be photo or audio, into my workspace, but importing a video at the beginning still works. I've tried using keyboard shortcuts as well as opening the program from within an external storage device, but nothing seems to work and I'm getting really frustrated. If someone can explain in SIMPLE terms (for I am but a child) how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. I think I'm gonna start crying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Hi chiarad

First I would reset Flash Pro CS6's preferences.

Re-create preferences

If that doesn't help you might need to re-install. First uninstall the program and make sure that you remove the preferences as well. If you have a Creative Cloud subscription you can then install Flash CS6 via the CC app by selecting

Apps -> All Apps -> Animate CC And Mobile Device Packaging -> press little down arrow in Install button -> Manage -> Other Versions ...

CS6 is as low as you can go.

Or you get the install

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chiarad

First I would reset Flash Pro CS6's preferences.

Re-create preferences

If that doesn't help you might need to re-install. First uninstall the program and make sure that you remove the preferences as well. If you have a Creative Cloud subscription you can then install Flash CS6 via the CC app by selecting

Apps -> All Apps -> Animate CC And Mobile Device Packaging -> press little down arrow in Install button -> Manage -> Other Versions ...

CS6 is as low as you can go.

Or you get the installer and Install help from Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

of course I can't give you a guarantee that this works, but I reckon that after you updated to Mojave and the problems with Flash started a complete refresh can't be wrong.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chiarad, could you please tell if recomanded actions helped? In am on Sierra... Thank you in advance! J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines