• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6, QuickTime: The export operation failed because it ran out of memory.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting a QuickTime movie file seems to be an old issue with previous versions too. In CS6 I always get the error message: "The export operation failed because it ran out of memory." I've got tons of memory and have allocated increasing amounts to the cache with no success.

My small and fairly simple file was created with Flash CS5 which seemed to work fine at the time of creation. I've tried everything recommended online but with no luck so far. BTW, I reinstalled CS5 and tried that too but it just hangs now, and there's no error message.

Does anyone have a solution?

(OS X 10.7.4)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is of course good news.  But tell us, Sujai, will those loyal customers (suckers) who paid a full price for what was supposed to be a professional piece of software (CS6) get a patch for their (by your own admission) flawed and faulty software?  Or will Adobe cynically turn a blind eye to them, therefore leaving them no choice but to sign up, eventually, to CC?  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

By the way, the main reason the longer serving, professional, PAYING customers of Adobe (I've been one since the mid 80's) are NOT buying into the CC is precisely because of the history Adobe has of doing just this: releasing "professional", supposedly finished, software that in fact has major bugs in it that wreck your workflow.  In a nutshell: we have learned that we cannot trust you to honour your side of the bargain.   Your thoughts?  And maybe a proposal for compensation if we do switch over to the Cloud? 

BTW I am NOT a troll.  I am a professional graphic designer of 30 years experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKAROUND SOLUTION:

As far as I can tell, Flash CS6 is broken concerning .mov exporting, and will never be fixed. However, I was able to find a workaroud that gives the same results as if Flash's export actually worked, so hopefully this will work for all of you, as well. Thank goodness for the fantastic Newgrounds swf converter "Swivel", which can be downloaded for FREE here: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resources/swivel

Instead of choosing QuickTime in Flash, choose to export as SWF Movie. Then use Swivel to convert that file to any of the supported video formats (mov, avi, mp4, etc). Unlike Flash, which exports .movs by basically "screen recording" the output you see on the stage, Swivel goes through and processes each frame, so this also eliminates any filter lag you might have as a bonus.

I'm sure other SWF might work as well, but Swivel is exremely powerful, especially being completely free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to use flash player on my website http://howhut.com can any one help me in this or there is a plugin that can be installed in one click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys i was watching the conversation , the issue is a simple one, flash is showing ran out of memory because it couldn't find your last frame it will be keep running inside and will run out of memory . this can be fixed by correcting your time line, make the length equal inside and out side of the movie clip. i hope this will work , my name is aneesh (Aneesh Babu | Facebook) and i am from kerala, kerala always rocks, see you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "inside and outside of the movie clip"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

News Flash (pun intended), I have the same issue, and its not just Flash CS6 that is a beta released as a product.  Photoshop CS6 is the same way.  Unable to move screens, rainbow wheel of death, crashes... I have not tried the rest of the suite, but I have seen Premier Pro crash numerous times while watching others edit.  Where I am, you may ask, why at a school of course, where hundreds of students see each day how Adobe products lose their work, can't complete basic functions like exporting a movie, and lock up.  Great way to convince your future customer base that your product is unreliable crap with no support.  Sound angry? I am.  And this move, by everyone, to the cloud is insanity.  If that does not have instability and data loss written all over it I don't know what does.  There is a time coming when that precious cloud is going to collapse or get infected by someone, for whatever reason, nationalism, electronic terrorism, whatever, and its bye bye everything you don't have a hard copy of.  Its going to rival the stock market crash in impact, so back up your stuff amigos.  And no, I'm not teaching at some camp/commune in the woods protected by roving dogs and Walmart night vision cameras... just saying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit late - but for anyone on 6 still having this problem I solved it by selecting the 'Store on Disk...' option AND crucially making sure there were no frames that ran after my Stop action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The things that don't work always seem to relate to hd exports either in flash or in the editing program or in QT or all 3. Everything else seems to run smooth for the most part. It is disapointing to expect an hd film and not getting one. Why tell us there is no memory for the action when there is? If there is why can't we just do it? We pay for these programs to work. Most expect hd output without hassle but never seems that simple when it should be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines