• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6, QuickTime: The export operation failed because it ran out of memory.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting a QuickTime movie file seems to be an old issue with previous versions too. In CS6 I always get the error message: "The export operation failed because it ran out of memory." I've got tons of memory and have allocated increasing amounts to the cache with no success.

My small and fairly simple file was created with Flash CS5 which seemed to work fine at the time of creation. I've tried everything recommended online but with no luck so far. BTW, I reinstalled CS5 and tried that too but it just hangs now, and there's no error message.

Does anyone have a solution?

(OS X 10.7.4)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I found sort of a solution here (http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?275007-A-note-to-those-using-quot-Export-Movie-quot) but using CS5. My excuse is that it's Friday evening and my brain is tired. But CS6 still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the same movie as MPEG , then import in flash and export to quicktime.  Check whether this will works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you export MPEG from Flash? I don't seem to have that option available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use AME (Adobe media encoder). You can launch AME from import video wizard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into AME earlier. I still can't see how to export an MPEG file from Flash first, as you suggest, before encoding another format. My only export options from Flash are the usual SWF, QuickTime, animated GIF and other bitmap sequences. Can you list the steps that worked for you?

Even if it works, it's still a workaround. Flash Pro CS6 should export QuickTime at least as well as CS5 did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the video in any vimeo presets matching in your video dimension and import video again export as quick time.

Please let me know if its works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, but my question remains: how do you do that? There are no such export options in Flash itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Your animation is a simple swf  (you see in the preview exactly what you want)? If so you could import the swf inside AfterEffects and it gonna be treated as a video. I don´t remember but i think that Quicktime also could open it.

hope this could be useful to you.

cheers, martín

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Martín, but I don't want to have to buy After Effects or QuickTime Pro for something that Flash CS6 should be able to do by itself. That sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "QuickTime Export Settings" there is a radio button selection for "Store temp data:". Change it from "In memory (recommended for higher frame rates)" to "On disk (recommended for longer movies). Try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's one of the first things I tried. The only workaround has been using CS5 instead of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I was having the same issues. I've got a simple animation and started getting the Out of Memory error during the "Recording Flash Content" part of the export to Quicktime in CS6.

After trying a few things, it seems that what was causing the problem for me was a Bad Action script at the end of the timeline.  (ie. there was a  "goto next scene" and there was not another scene). I deleted that action and the export seems to work fine. I even added in a "stop movie" action at the end just to see if it was ALL actions that caused this and it also worked fine.

I called Adobe as well and they said this is a known issue and are working on it. So, Its seems that if you have strange actions, they cause errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad Adobe is working on it though none too soon. The only action I have is a stop action at the end. But it still doesn't work (in CS6; CS5 is still okay).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot, but what is the frame rate of your flash document? I find that using the QE is much more successful when the frame rate is set to 29.97. Quicktime likes that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been useing a few frame rates. One is 30 and the other is 18 or 12. I end up dumping this all into Final Cut anyway which complies them all together nicely. I find that even then, when I've got synched dialogue with my characters, Flash seems to drop some frames and i need to re-slide the audio into position in Final Cut.

My next "work around" is to import the SWF file into After Effects. I read that this is what the pro animators to.   

We'll see.   I just hope Adobe fixes all this crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience using the QE, if my Flash doc frame rate is anything other than 29.97fps, I will always experience dropped frames and/or some frames where the content is visually affected (noticeable slicing and general destruction and interference of the image). If I change to a 29.97 frame rate and export again, the MOV is frame accurate and all images in all frames look perfect. But this may be getting off topic from the original issue.

I would also try copying all frames and actionscript to a new CS6 document and try exporting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame rate is 30.00. QuickTime seems to like that well enough if I use Flash CS5. Changing is to 29.97 in CS6 makes no difference. This is a really simple animation, just in case I hadn't mentioned that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the files used for export,  You can share file using web site like  4share.com

And also provide the details of

Machine

quick time version

Anyother video editing application installed in your system.

If graphic card,  Please mention the graphic card name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client does not want me to share files.

Machine: Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon tower

QuickTime v10.2

No other video editing applications unless iMovie counts

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 Mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi we also have trouble exporting Qt from Flash CS6 Mac. Always runs out of memory. We're exporting 1 min to 2 min animatics for an animation. The only work around is exporting swf & then bringing into CS3 to export a QT. We have animators working in CS5 who can export fine - just not CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stickystu, I never use Premiere Pro but it (CS6 suite) was on the machine I was working on. I found out it renders .swf's without running out of memory.

(ActionScripts still don't work though and not all kinds of 'sub' animations in movieClips work either, but animations on the main timeline do.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey laptopleon thanks yeah AFX can render the swfs to QT too. we just don't get why CS6 Flash mac can't do it when cs3-5 were fine. It's not just the export function either all our artists are finding CS6 flash (mac) difficult, encountering the spinnng wheel a lot - so back to CS5 we go. cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm glad Adobe is working on it though none too soon. The only action I have is a stop action at the end. But it still doesn't work (in CS6; CS5 is still okay)."

– That's so weird. Mine seems to work with the stop at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work fine with a stop(); action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines