Flash full screen with dual screen moniter

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have an AIR application that will go full screen when the application starts:

stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;

The stage size is 2560 x 1024. And I have 2 moniters  (1280 x 1024 , 1280 x 1024)

When I start the application, it shows my application on one of my moniter only.

What is the problem?

I need the left side of the stage to be shown in moniter 1 and right side of the stage to be shown in moniter 2.

Currently, both sides are shown in moniter 1, and in moniter 2, it shows nothing but my default desktop.

2.jpg

*The blue color line is a divider for better visual purpose.

How do I make the left side of the stage to appear in moniter 1 and right side of the stage to appear in moniter 2 when the application starts in full screen mode?

Thanks for reading,

-Zainuu

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flash full screen with dual screen moniter

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have an AIR application that will go full screen when the application starts:

stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;

The stage size is 2560 x 1024. And I have 2 moniters  (1280 x 1024 , 1280 x 1024)

When I start the application, it shows my application on one of my moniter only.

What is the problem?

I need the left side of the stage to be shown in moniter 1 and right side of the stage to be shown in moniter 2.

Currently, both sides are shown in moniter 1, and in moniter 2, it shows nothing but my default desktop.

2.jpg

*The blue color line is a divider for better visual purpose.

How do I make the left side of the stage to appear in moniter 1 and right side of the stage to appear in moniter 2 when the application starts in full screen mode?

Thanks for reading,

-Zainuu

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2011 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think a movie in fullscren mode can cover multiple screens - it only goes fullscreen in the main monitor. I suppose you can make a (wide) movie to cover the entire screens. You can use flash.display.Screen class to obtain the screen dimensions etc. (You also need to take care of hiding OS elements such as menu bar/task bar etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2011 1
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have give the documentation a read, but I don't quite understand how it works. Is there any sample code out there for me to refer to? I need to see how it works.. Or are there any other work around for this?

-Zainuu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2011 0
Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you know the monitor sizes (if not you need to use Screen class to determine the sizes) you can create 2560 x 1024 movie to cover the 2 screens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennethkawamoto2,

My stage size is already 2560 x 1024. And when I launch the application, it went full screen on one moniter (the picture shown above). What's the problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*error in posting*

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 0
Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before you cannot make fullscreen across two monitors. What I am suggesting is to make a chromeless window of the size of two monitors and hide OS elements such as menu bar/task bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 1
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennethkawamoto2,

Ok I understand the chromeless window thing. But a few question, once I set it as chromeless window, I'm unable to move the window, so how do I move it to the perfect position so that the application will cover up the screen nicely. And how do I hide the OS elements?

Thanks for your reply,

-Zainuu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 0
Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR app window's properties such as chrome, width, height, x,  y are all configurable in app.xml.

As for hiding OS elements, you cannot do that directly from AIR so you'd call a script to do so from AIR. (Back in the days I wrote a little software to do so in Director and used to hide/unhide Windows task bar on Projector app launch/close.) Look in the net and I'm sure you'll find a little widget

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know there are properties settings in the app.xml, but which one should I change? Can you give me an example?

As for your software, can it be used for AIR since it is created for Director? Or do you still have some useful links for me?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 0
Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't give you my hide taskbar exe sorry - it's ages ago I wrote it and I don't know where it is now Just google - people have written this to download.

As for app.xml, it's obvious - have you even opened the xml???

<initialWindow>

<systemChrome>none</systemChrome>

<visible>true</visible>

<width>3360</width>

<height>1050</height>

<x>0</x>

<y>0</y>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2011 0