• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flickering rollover/rollouts

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the mouse hovers over the image the cursor flickers between hand and standard mouse pointer. One work around I've tried is to place an object under the main button that is bigger than the main button. That seems to work but only for that button. If I try it for others...well the image because cluttered with useless boxes. This problem reeks of a cheaply designed package. Anyone know of a way to correct this?
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you haven't really given us anything to go on. When the mouse hovers over what image?

Post a link to an example or explain more clearly what you are trying to do.

If the problem is that you have different shapes/sizes for the up and over states then you need to make some kind of hit area that includes all the area you need. It can be invisible (alpha of 0) so that it doesn't visibly clutter your design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the lack of info. If you will go to http://www.banddrealestateproperties.com/ChattanoogaLots.htm
You will find the problem in Lot 2 of Johnston Woods Subdivision--Map. Lot 2 is between Lot 1 (Sold with House) and Lot 3 (House not sold). The hit area for Lot 2 includes all the area of the button and then some. If there's any other questions and/or lack of information please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well to me it looks like the rollover state is just the red border with no fill and that the up artwork is the entire rectangle. If I very carefully move my pointer over the red highlight line it stops flickering and stays solid. So I'm sure that is the problem.

Is this an actual button or a movie clip with rollover actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice that button 3 works fine. The reason it works is because I put an additional layer in the button layers section that covers the entire page background. That is how I got button 3 to work. Button 2 only has a box that's a little bigger than the rest of the button. For the original swf file go here:
http://www.banddrealestateproperties.com/extras/flash/JohnsonWoods.swf
The red border is a filter applied to the over image.
I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you are quite getting what a button (or movieclip with mouse events) is. I don't know what you mean by a box that's a little bigger than the rest of the button. If the box is part of the button then it is part of the button and the buttonw ill be exactly that size.

However you are applying the filter it is causing the rest of the artwork to go away and providing the hit area of only where you can see the red highlight. that is too small a hit area.

I still don't know how you are building this. Are they actually buttons or are they movieclips? Have you cut up the background into clips or are you trying to use invisible buttons over a bitmap image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will try harder to put this in laymens terms. When I double click on the button I have 4 fixed button states available (up, over, down, hit). The image for up, over, down are virtually the same with the exception of the filters applied to over and down. Down has the drop shadow that's suppose to show when the button is clicked to make it look like the button or image goes in. Over has a red glow applied to the edges to light up when the cursor goes over it. For the hit area of Lot 2 I built a rectangle. The rectangle's are available on the left side of the screen in Flash CS3. I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Sounds like you are using actual buttons. I'm still not quite sure if they are invisible buttons laid over the top of your map or if they are chopped up bits of the map that are then put back together.

It still seems like the artwork in the over frame is just the glow and not the actual artwork that is in that frame. To use the glow filter you must have a movieclip instance in that frame. You don't happen to have the knockout box checked for the glow filter do you?

I'm not sure why you would want to use a rectangle for the hit area. Those shapes while some of them are rectanglish they aren't quite rectangles. You need to make hit areas that are the shape of your lots.

I think you need to back up a few steps and remake the buttons without any filters, or fancy stuff. Trace the shape of each lot and make it out of a color like 50% blue or something. On the over change to 50% green and 50% red for the down.

After you get that working. Still leave the partial transparent colors on and then add your filters. And finally when that is working you can go in and change the alpha to 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I took the entire image and chopped it up based on the individual lots. I use a rectangle initially but then use the subselection tool to position the points so it fits the lots. For the symbol/ image with the glow filter and the one with the drop down do not have knockout selected. The over symbol has glow filter with the inner glow selected and the down symbol has the drop shadow with the inner shadow selected.
I will try taking off the filters and get back with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK, I've tried removing all filters. It doesn't appear to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines