• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fluid brush tool is grayed out!!!!!!!!!

Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When going to the Fluid Brush Tool via the 3 dots to add it to a panel there's a caution sign for some reason. When I move it to the panel it is grayed out so I can't select it! How can I enable this tool? I've been watching tutorials on animate and there's ALWAYS something that just doesn't work as demonstrated. There's nothing online on this tool explaining why this is happening from what i can find. You're truly, very frustrated. 

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are specific requirements for the Fluid Brush to work: 

Hardware requirements
Since this is a GPU based brush, there is a minimum hardware requirement for it to work.

Windows: DirectX 12 compliant GPU (with feature level 12_0 support)

Mac: Metal compliant GPU.

The brush appears as disabled when it is not available for your device.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/fluid-brushes.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so my $1,300 2080 ti video card isn't good enough? Or is it the 64 gigs of 3600 mhz ram? This is crazy, there's no way this beast of a machine I am using isn't good enough for a brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say it wasn't good enough - I just mention these are the published specs for that feature. It may be something is disabled on your system or requires an update. I do hope that is helpful either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and i have a Beast mac so pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DirectX 12 in my laptop...but still It's missing. Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a feature level issue then. If the gpu doesn't support at least feature level 12_0 it won't work. Here's how to check:

• Press Windows+R in your keyboard then type cmd and hit enter.
  • Type dxdiag in the command prompt and hit enter. The DirectX diagnostic tool should open up.
  • Go to the Display tab and check your gpu feature levels, if 12_0 isn't listed you're out of luck.

Mario_CR_0-1629492203744.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for thoses precision, i had that in the beginning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok but where do we go from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wyatt31126708xvrl 

what animate version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to update your GPU feature to 12.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your GPU drivers in the off-chance that it can support it. That's rarely the case though, most likely you're gonna have to upgrade your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree I think you should try to update your GPU drivers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close and restart animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to work, however, the box still looks greyed out. The caution triangle is gone and the tool works, so that is all I need. Thanks for the advice. I have had the program open for a couple days, so that may be why the glitch.

Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im absoultely sick to death of Adobe apps doing this sort of thing, I've tried to start a peice of animation in a frame by frame style and have already been confronted with this and audio not scrubbing (yes I've checked the discussion for that to no avail

I've spent time trying to update audio drivers and now i gotta figure out what happened that suddenly the fluid tool doesn't work

All the while Animate really needs some kind of sketching tool it refuses to have

And all photoshop does is {BAAAD WOORD) and glitch out on me

I get a torrent of ads for the Creative cloud which i already pay for

I'm sick of it, I am going to move on from adobe very shortly, I spend to much time troubleshooting and wrestling withh the broken, unintuitive software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry you are having issues but if you want to sketch in Adobe Animate, here is what I do. Take the classic brush. Then drop the size to like 1 or 3. Then choose red or blue and start sketching away. Or you can sketch something in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Fresco and then bring it to animate to do your clean lines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's say I have a trick.

You can enable it by going in the system repair and go to change boot behavior. Click 7(Ignore GPU vérification).

Open Animate as quick as possible when your on the desktop.

Normally, Adobe Animate won't verify the level fonctionnality and display the fluid brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines