• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLV video/audio get out of synch

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video that consists of an imported FLV to the timeline so I could put a new background behind the alpha-channeled background of the movie and put other things in front of it. When I export as SWF it plays just great. However, the download is a killer over DSL speed connection, so I thought I'd try making the finished product into an FLV. To do that I have to export as QT movie first, then from QT Pro export to FLV. It loads much quicker, however the movie's video and audio get out of synch by the first minute (it's 4 1/2 minutes long), and by the end it looks terrible. Is there a remedy for this? Video was kept at 30 FPS thoughout the process.
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008
I figured out the problem, chabotjeff. The problem was when I exported as QT from the FLA so I could make the FLV. When I reviewed the exported QT movie that came from Flash, I found the synch problem was there all along. So instead of exporting from Flash I played the SWF and captured it using SnapzPro. Works great now. Thanks for the tips, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah from what I can tell it sounds like you will continue to have sync problems. The folks at Macromedia/Adobe have always admitted their are sync problems with anything over like 10 seconds. However, creating the FLV file should keep them more in sync.

One method used was to adjust the kbps of audio and video to try to get them closer. But if you have them in a QT and they are fine, then exporting as an FLV should work.

Have you tried importing the QT to Flash and creating an FLV within Flash instead of from QT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I figured out the problem, chabotjeff. The problem was when I exported as QT from the FLA so I could make the FLV. When I reviewed the exported QT movie that came from Flash, I found the synch problem was there all along. So instead of exporting from Flash I played the SWF and captured it using SnapzPro. Works great now. Thanks for the tips, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines