Highlighted

FLVplayback fade in/out...

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two .fla files that communicate via localconnection. One fla has buttons that play videos that appear in the second fla. The code is pretty straight forward on the second .fla. A string is passed to it that happens to be the name of the video to load in the single iteration of flvplayback. My question is this. How can I fade in the video and fade out the video elegantly? I've tried tweens but that doesn't seem to work. The issue I'm trying to avoid is having buttons mashed on the first .fla causing inelegant stops/starts of the videos on the second .fla. Hopefully someone can help.

Here's the code on the second .fla:

import flash.net.LocalConnection;

var conn:LocalConnection = new LocalConnection();

conn.client = this;

conn.connect("connOne");

function playThisVideo(vidname:String){

vid.source = "videos/"+vidname+".mp4";

vid.play();

}

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FLVplayback fade in/out...

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two .fla files that communicate via localconnection. One fla has buttons that play videos that appear in the second fla. The code is pretty straight forward on the second .fla. A string is passed to it that happens to be the name of the video to load in the single iteration of flvplayback. My question is this. How can I fade in the video and fade out the video elegantly? I've tried tweens but that doesn't seem to work. The issue I'm trying to avoid is having buttons mashed on the first .fla causing inelegant stops/starts of the videos on the second .fla. Hopefully someone can help.

Here's the code on the second .fla:

import flash.net.LocalConnection;

var conn:LocalConnection = new LocalConnection();

conn.client = this;

conn.connect("connOne");

function playThisVideo(vidname:String){

vid.source = "videos/"+vidname+".mp4";

vid.play();

}

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2019 0
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tween the alpha of your video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2019 0