Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Embedding option is disabled

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to embed the font in Adobe Animate, but Embed button and Text > Font Embedding option are disabled.

Can you please suggest me what should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Hi.

Besides of what Klaus said, maybe you're working with an HTML5 document and that's why you can't use the Text > Font Embedding option.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yulliab

Do you use a Dynamic of Static text field? I thought that in AS3 projects font embedding is only possible for a dynamic text field. Though after a quick test setup it seems also possible to embed a font for a static text field. That doesn't really make sense IMO but what the heck.

Maybe try a different font?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Besides of what Klaus said, maybe you're working with an HTML5 document and that's why you can't use the Text > Font Embedding option.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you very much! I'm newbie in Adobe animate, and yes, was working in html5 document. I've converted it to AS3 and now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is this really what you want???

The decision to go either AS3 or HTML5 should rather depend on some more considerations than just on the ability to embed fonts. If you are planning to publish your project on a website, I hope you know that support for the AS3 Flash Player is running out next year. Unless you plan to publish for AIR (desktop, Android, iOS) or you are just experimenting with no end platform in sight, I would advice you not to give up so easily on HTML5/Canvas.

And you can use Web fonts in an HTML5 project, what somehow is similar to font embedding in AS3.

See more:

Using Adobe Fonts in Animate

Using Google fonts in Animate CC

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to insert the animation in the website and just discovered this issue with Flash Player. So still have to keep the document as HTML5.

Unfortunately the Nunito font which I should use changes to another font when I open it in browser. So I just converted the text to outlines and now the animation shows correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yuliiab64598609  wrote

So I just converted the text to outlines and now the animation shows correctly.

This has the side effect of making your published files huge and slow to render, depending on how much text you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines