Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Rate Confusion

Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create an animation in flash I have discovered that 30 seconds covers exactly 450 frames when I test. Yet, when I convert that same file to Canvas, it plays very rapidly and ends at 15 seconds. Anyone know why the conflict in timing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know the frame rate isn't a fixed value, right? It can be set to anything. What's it say the frame rate is in your Canvas document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ClayUUID: I went to Canvas and set the frame rate to 15 per sec. and it played out to exactly 30 seconds. So if my math is correct, one must set canvas rate to 50% of fla. Anyway, that certainly worked out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Canvas documents are still FLAs. And no, converting an AS2/AS3 FLA to a Canvas FLA should not have changed the frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines