Highlighted

Frame rates in Safari

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I found a thread on this forum that discusses frame rate throttling in Safari when the Canvas content is cross-referenced from another site and embedded in an iFrame. Frame rate throttling is of concern. I don't know if Safari is throttling the Html5 frame rates for other 'unknown' reasons. I wonder whether anyone could offer preventive tips in that regard. RAF_SYNCHED seems to be a solution for Firefox, that also throttles the frame rate here and there. However, browsers have different ways of implementing RAF_SYNCHED mode.

Is Safari slashing frame rates, so that 60 fps and 30 fps are difficult to target? My content, an animation, is not cross-embedded. I work on Windows. A lot of designers have chosen AppleMac as their platform. Maybe a Mac expert reading this has some good advice or good news.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Frame rates in Safari

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I found a thread on this forum that discusses frame rate throttling in Safari when the Canvas content is cross-referenced from another site and embedded in an iFrame. Frame rate throttling is of concern. I don't know if Safari is throttling the Html5 frame rates for other 'unknown' reasons. I wonder whether anyone could offer preventive tips in that regard. RAF_SYNCHED seems to be a solution for Firefox, that also throttles the frame rate here and there. However, browsers have different ways of implementing RAF_SYNCHED mode.

Is Safari slashing frame rates, so that 60 fps and 30 fps are difficult to target? My content, an animation, is not cross-embedded. I work on Windows. A lot of designers have chosen AppleMac as their platform. Maybe a Mac expert reading this has some good advice or good news.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2019 0

Have something to add?