Exit

Function window opens larger than my monitor; Cannot shrink it

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Similar queries on here haven't helped, so I'm creating this one]

Hello,

So I'm using Animate CC 2020, and some of the funtion windows (e.g. File > export >export as gif... or File> publish settings) when opened, are larger than my monitor screen.

I cannot shrink them. The "Ok" and "save" buttons are hiden. If I cannot click "OK" I cannot change my settings or export GIFs.Attaching a screenshot here.

Animate1.PNG

Even moving the taskbar to the side doesn't help.

This is incredibly frustrating. I cannot figure out a way to solve this.

Regards

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export , Missing feature , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Hi mate,

This is an interface issue with smaller screens which was introduced in An 2020.

If you can, increase your resolution; or plug in an external monitor; or, if nothing else works, temporarily rotate your screen in a vertical position, so that you can make the necessary adjustments to those overblown dialogs.

Then count the tab presses and see if you can control them with the keyboard when you don't see the buttons.

If none of these work for you, go back to An CC 2019.

The team should be awar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

This is an interface issue with smaller screens which was introduced in An 2020.

If you can, increase your resolution; or plug in an external monitor; or, if nothing else works, temporarily rotate your screen in a vertical position, so that you can make the necessary adjustments to those overblown dialogs.

Then count the tab presses and see if you can control them with the keyboard when you don't see the buttons.

If none of these work for you, go back to An CC 2019.

The team should be aware of this problem by now, because there have been multiple reports of it. Whether they will fix it in the next release is yet to be seen.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Thank you very much. I temporarily changed my display to "portrait" mode and could access the buttons. Had to tilt my laptop by 90 degrees :). But it worked.

It's running on the highest possible res, so changing that will not work for me. Will wait for the guys to fix it.

Thanks a lot again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, mate!

🙂

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines