Highlighted

Game publishing issue, .SWF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to upload my first flash game. It's a simple dress up game where you click buttons to filter through the different items.

I published anHTML file and it works great but I can't upload it anywhere, the places I've tried to upload it want me to convert it to a .SWF file. When I do this, I can upload it, however, it plays like an animation, the buttons don't work and it will just go forever.

I have no idea what to do. I look at other flash games on these sites and they are .SWF files and work fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

It's not working because all your Canvas code is in JavaScript, which doesn't automagically get converted to ActionScript when you change the document type to publish SWFs.

That being said, and as already noted, any game portals based on SWFs are due to fall over dead very soon, so you're wasting your time even trying to get SWF to work.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Game publishing issue, .SWF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to upload my first flash game. It's a simple dress up game where you click buttons to filter through the different items.

I published anHTML file and it works great but I can't upload it anywhere, the places I've tried to upload it want me to convert it to a .SWF file. When I do this, I can upload it, however, it plays like an animation, the buttons don't work and it will just go forever.

I have no idea what to do. I look at other flash games on these sites and they are .SWF files and work fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

It's not working because all your Canvas code is in JavaScript, which doesn't automagically get converted to ActionScript when you change the document type to publish SWFs.

That being said, and as already noted, any game portals based on SWFs are due to fall over dead very soon, so you're wasting your time even trying to get SWF to work.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know why you're bothering because flash player is slated for eof at the end of 2020.

that said, does your swf work well when you open it on your desktop? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 0