• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating FLV from PNG sequence

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made an animation in Adobe Animate CC 2019 which currently has become very heavy (1.17GB) because of various image sequences. I was offerend a suggestion of using FLV to reduce the file size. So, the image sequences consist of the following:

3 of my sequences are made in Adobe After Effects CC 2019 and 1 is made in Autodesk 3ds Max 2018. The only option to get an exact replica of the PNG sequence into an FLV (i.e., without compression) was by using FFMPEG.

I tried FFMPEG to generate a FLV of the sequence made in 3ds Max and it worked perfect. However, all the animations done in After Effects fail to convert in FLV properly.

This is the command I'm using:

ffmpeg -i "INPUT_FILE" -q:v 2 "OUTPUT_FILE"

Here's an example of wrong conversion: https://contattafiles.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/tnt3924/j1QwaNnWQRoQgzy/Market%20Share%20Trend.flv

(The purple line that's visible from the start, should only be visible when the text shows 'Volvo'). Image sequence shows it correct.

Here's the image sequence: https://contattafiles.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/tnt3924/e_8IRoaeQHN1X98/Market%20Share%20Trend.zip

Here's an example of correct conversion: https://contattafiles.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/tnt3924/OCvdB16JMcjRI28/R8.flv

Here's its image sequence: R8.zip - Google Drive

In what way can I get an uncompressed FLV? I still don't know why Adobe Media Encoder doesn't have this format!

I'm on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hi.

You can import a mp4, play it inside of a component without skin.

No need of Internet to do this.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You can import several video formats into an AS3 document, not only FLV. MP4 is an excellent choice, IMO.

animate_cc_as3_video_formats.png

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I need to embed the video in timeline as in the end, I have to take it as an EXE file to present it. I'm going to be offline there and so, can't use media server. I don't think any other format that FLV servers this purpose (at least the video import screen doesn't show otherwise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You can import a mp4, play it inside of a component without skin.

No need of Internet to do this.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you might be correct, but, anyways, till you replied, I tried another way. I exported totally uncompressed MOV from After Effects and converted that to a PNG image sequence using FFmpeg. This was the command:

ffmpeg -i "INPUT_FILE" "OUTPUT_FILE" -hide_banner

That gave me a nice PNG sequence and then, I converted that sequence into FLV using FFmpeg again. I got what I wanted.

However, now, I have some other problem. The exported FLV looks perfect in VLC and even in Animate timeline, but, in the exported SWF, it looks all compressed kinda, edges are lost, graphics are a bit pixelated kinda. Do you have any idea of how I can solve that issue?

In publish settings of SWF, I have kept JPEG quality 100, disabled deblocking and turned off compress movie. Tried enabling the deblocking too, but, it's still giving the same problem. What can I do about it?

For example:

This is bad quality. It was showing correct when I was using the PNG sequence directly inside Animate.

This is how it's looking in the FLV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines