Getting "unable to load a certificate in this file" when trying to publish APK

Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to update one of my apps, but when I try to publish it, I receive the following message:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-01 um 00.32.09.png

What is wrong with my certificate?

Yeah, it works!

Just installed "Adobe Animate 2015.2" and was able to publish my app using AIR 25.

Temporary fix: Don't use the latest version of Animate CC 2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Any news regarding this? Any news from Oracle? What is the likeliness this will be solved in the near future?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the certificate you're using a 1024 or 2048 bit one? If it's 1024 bit your only option is to use Flash Pro CS6 to build the APK. Unless you're using the command line to do builds, in which case using AIR 25 has worked for some people.

I think there is no chance of Oracle modifying Java to support 1024 bit again, and even if they did it wouldn't help, because AIR has the JRE embedded. You would have to wait for AIR 32, or some future version, if Adobe were to embed Java 9 that supported 1024 bit again. So, it's two things that are unlikely to happen.

Having said that, it would be interesting to try and hack AIR 31 to make it use the embedded JRE from AIR 25.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(i use animate cc 2015.2.  i believe that was the last version to create a 1024 bit certificate.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I haven't tested all versions, and as CS6 builds APK 1024 bit well for me, I just use that.

I should add that I keep CS6 around for AS2 and other dropped feature reasons. The fact that it can build apps is a bonus.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i keep cs6 too for as2 (though it's been months since i've last opened it).  cc 2015.2 is much faster than cs6 (and has more features though i suppose adding a 1024 apk to cs6 would work just as well and eliminate the need for both cs6 and 2015.2 if speed were a non-issue).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in no hurry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now 2019 march!!

I  have 8 APPS on Android and i am not allowed to change the certificate on an APP on Google Play.

So my users are not getting a major Update we are woorking for months.

I use Animate 2019 an my certificate is 1024. I can not change it cause all the thousands users wont get an update.

So its crucial deadlock. I pay for Adobe 70 € a month. and the problem is known for years !!!!!!!

What should I do ????  I cannot downgrade to 2015 cause i use features from CC 2017

Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to contact several times adobe support team about that issue ( I have a lot of apps using 1024 bits cert because I started in May 2013 to post apps ) and no one at Adobe offered a real solution here using recent versions of adobe.

Oleg Korchagin offered a nice workaround for now..

I just tested it with Animate 2019.2 and it works.

“Could not access the digital certificate.  unable to load a certificate in this file”

Steps:

1. Quit any version of Animate if it is running

2. Copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2015.2\jre

3. Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\jre folder to say C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\orig_jre

4. Paste the jre folder that you have copied in step 2

5. Launch Animate CC 2017 and publish your android app using the older 1024 RSA certifcate

Please note that this is just a brute-force method and not a certified/recommended workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last post on that thread says:

"Here in April 2019, the brute force method described by @Mohanaraj no longer works."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As kek says, copy the jre folder from 2015.2 version and replace it in 2019.2

I use 2019.2 and it works great.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyones, for some reasons the trick no longer works.

When I try to add a new AIR kit to Animate it says : The selected folder does not contain a valid AIR SDK

It's a big issue here. Creative Cloud do not offer to install Animate CC 2015 it no longer works. Does anybody have a solution?

I downgraded java version jre 1.8 build 111 but it's the same result...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.

Animate 2019.2 not work for me on two my Windows desktops (((

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it still works, having animate 2019.2 and copied the jre of 2015, I can use my old 1024bits certificate.. Well I cross fingers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this in Animate 2019 on MacOS 10.14.3 (Mac OSX).

What is the solution for Mac?

I have attempted to downgrade to Java (build 1.8.0_74-b02). No luck, same message.

This is 100% ridiculous.

From the very first time Adobe created a certificate for me through the Flash interface, many years ago, there was something in the back of my head that said, this just doesn't feel right. Well, here we are years later getting screwed.

How do you install Animate 2015.2 these days. Creative Cloud doesn't give me the option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Quit any version of Animate if it is running

2. extract the jre folder from http://www.kglad.com/Files/forums/jre.zip

3. Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC <your version>\jre folder to say C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\orig_jre

4. Paste the jre folder that you have extracted in step 2

5. Launch Animate CC and publish your android app using the older 1024 RSA certifcate

6.  copy this message and paste into a text file so you can remember how to restore both jre's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines