• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gif export

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my scene and export settings are for 24fps in Adobe Animate.

However Animate only wants to export 25fps animated gifs.

Why?

TOPICS
Error , Import and export , Missing feature , Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Animate are you using and how are you checking the real fps of the exported gif?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest Animate and I bring the gif into After Effects and it tells me it's 25fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a double-check, what frame rate does After Effects show if you import the FLA into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this took me a while to figure out but the inability to have a 24fps output seems to be a limitation of the gif format, not Animate.

Gifs work with centiseconds, they can only have frame durations in increments of 1/100 of a second (0.01s, 0.02s etc). This means that if your animation is 24fps (1 frame = 41.6ms) itā€™s going to round each frame to 40ms (0.04s) which would translate to 25fps since to be able to support 24fps effectively would require frame durations to be meassured in milliseconds (41.6ms equals 0.0416s, that's too many decimals for poor old GIFs!)

So with that limitation in mind gifs cannot play at these framerates: 12, 24, 30, 60.

Only at 10, 20, 25 and 50 (the highest fps a gif can have on most browsers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to load the FLA/ SWF file directly into After Effects or export it as a png sequence, that will ensure your animation stays at the desired framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, 41.6 ms would be 0.0416 seconds. I edited my previous comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for that info!  šŸ˜„

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines