• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glowing hover effect on button works only in Adobe Animate when testing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the attached image you can see the red glowing effect that shows up when you hover the mouse above the logo. The problem is, it works only in animate when i test it. Doesn't works on Opera or any other browser. The js and html files of the logo are placed in the same folder. 

TOPICS
Ad development , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to code this but I do have an inquiry about your glow. Is it a graphic of a glow or like a CSS of a code to make it glow like CSS shadow?

Line

//Signature// I'm a creator. I love illustration, designing, animating , writing, voice overs, acting, making games .. Woo woo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The glow doesn't needs any coding. The glowing effect can be added to movie clips objects in animate.

So no its not CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the thing is, a glow when in canvas is likely CSS code for a shadow. If you used a graphic, it may display as opposed to the css shadow which may not perform in all browsers.

Line

//Signature// I'm a creator. I love illustration, designing, animating , writing, voice overs, acting, making games .. Woo woo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstood what i meant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Well, the thing is, a glow when in canvas is likely CSS code for a shadow."

Anything glowing on an HTML5 canvas element is literally never using CSS code. CSS is for styling DOM elements. The canvas element is a raw pixel grid that's drawn to via a very small set of shape and text functions. The only aspect of CSS they support is the syntax for specifying colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ClayUUID,

Thanks for your reply, you know better than I. When it comes to creating sites, I know I can make glows with HTML/css and I thought animate exported html,css, and js. 

Thanks for increasing my intelligence!

Line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what you guys are talking about, the effect works in other documents, also when exported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Offensive5E8D,

I was just taking stabs at what the problem could be without fully knowing the program. 

You can wait for someone else to come up with a solution for you or think about doing an alternative solution of creating the glow graphic in an art program and use script to reveal it. This may not be ideal or related to your goal.. but it may get the look you'd like to accomplish.

Line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should probably fix your signature first. Woo woo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines