Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Ads "Missing asset check" error

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating HTML5 ads for Google Ads.

I created a new set of ads from copied Adobe Animate files that worked fine themselves when zipped and uploaded to Google Ads. The old ads were published using Adobe Animate 2019. These new ads that do not work were published using Adobe Animate 2020.

These duplicated versions are exactly the same, except for some text changes. I publish them, zip them, and upload to Google, and get the following error:

Make sure the filenames of all files in your .ZIP file are exactly the same as the name listed in the reference file.

For example, if one of the files in your .ZIP file is called path/to/example/asset, but in your HTML file you reference path/to/example/asset2, AdWords will not be able to to find the correct file.

To fix the issue, compare the filename listed above with every file in your HTML5 code. If it is not exactly the same, correct the reference.

More details:
INVALID_URL_REFERENCE: canvas_

Using search/replace, I see the only file with a reference to "canvas_" is the createjs.min.js file in "/libs/1.0.0/".

The old correctly-working published ads contain a "/libs/createjs-2015.11.26.min.js" file instead of the "/1.0.0/createjs.min.js" file. How do I publish my ad with these same settings instead of the"/1.0.0/createjs.min.js" file? That seems to be the problem here.

TOPICS
Error , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

I'm not sure about a react.js file, but the `/lib` file that worked correctly for me previously was called `createjs-2015.11.26.min.js`. I can't upload a file here, but I've uploaded that `/lib` folder with the js to Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3drtx14sw65khjy/libs.zip?dl=0

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm having the exact same problem. It drives me nuts. Luckily for me i had a version of Adobe Animate 2019 on an old MacBook. Hope someone has the answer to this …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I had to re-install the old version just to finish this project. It's just ridiculous that you can't set default publish settings. I have to manually do it for each of my 50+ ad files.

And I'm sure, even though this is a critical misstep, it won't be a "priority" fix until they feel like it. The drawing/editing tools are an absolute joke. And it's laughable that they still use the ".fla" file format. Talk about putting a bad taste in your mouth—every time I have to double-click one of these files. Don't just re-skin Flash and call it a new product.

Thankfully other programs have been popping up to dethrone Adobe the last few years. We just need an Animate alternative now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue as well - really, really frustrating. As I do not have access to animate 2019 anymore, I am doomed. Would it work to just replace the react.js file with the old one which was generated from the 2019 version or is that file project-specific? If that were possible, could anyone publish the old file here? That'd be amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about a react.js file, but the `/lib` file that worked correctly for me previously was called `createjs-2015.11.26.min.js`. I can't upload a file here, but I've uploaded that `/lib` folder with the js to Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3drtx14sw65khjy/libs.zip?dl=0

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick help! I've replaced the file and renamed it to the create.min.js which Animate generates and that solves the Google Ads error - but the ad is not displayed correctly then and the create.js file creates other errors now and results in a white ad. I guess I'll need to wait for Adobe to fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me works:
1) Open libs/1.0.0/createjs.min.js
2) Just delete this part: "canvas_"+
Now h5validator and Adwords successfully passed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice man, thanks! I've tried something similar by deleting the whole statement there, which then ended in the ad being validated successfully but not displayed properly. Your way works, well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME! I've just wasted the better part of 2 hrs with this #!%^&#$($($@!!!@) error and your fix just saved my sanity. THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix works! - thanks for posting it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brillante habia intentado lo mismo, solo que habia dejado "canvas", y el error seguia llamando a un archivo :lienzo que no existia. en fin esta fue la solucion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! You have no idea how difficult this made my life. Having to have 2 versions of Animate installed just so I can publish with Animate 2019. You deserve a mega high 5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution saved the day! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it helped you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your solution! It's unbelievable that we're already in October 2020, working with Animate 2020, and this is still an issue. I'm working on refreshing banners I created almost a year ago, and I had to go back through my notes to find your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, I'm too using this solution for almost a year. Glad I could help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find this lib?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you publish, Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 09.02.34.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it helped me to finally pass the "Missing asset check".

I'm still failing the "Missing primary asset check" but I added the ad size tag in every possible way. Dou you know what I did wrong? Here is the .zip file I uploaded: https://we.tl/t-WqKyJHLWRP

I really don't understand why Adobe is not able to add a special export function that makes the files compatible with Google Ads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mischa Mischa5C12! You have mistake there,  wrong type of brackets after 600 (  height=600” )

<meta name="ad.size" content="width=160,height=600”>

Must be "

<meta name="ad.size" content="width=160,height=600">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually figured it out in thhe meantime but that was exactly the problem! Thank you very much for taking your time @Romanson 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankkkkkkkkkk youuuuu, that just saved me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm not totally 100% sure is your problem the same as mine, but here are my research results and how I deal with "Missing Assets Check".

When you publish your work in Animate, both - .HTML and .JS files contain links to your assets (ex .JPG or JS).
If you open your created HTML and JS files in the editor (Brackets for ex) and type CMD+F (find in text)  chosse question mark - ? . Usually you will find some "index.js?1578902527610" line instead of having "index.js" or "src:"images/SWB_Logo_250.png?1578902526945"" instead of "src:"images/SWB_Logo_250.png".
This strange things happens when you publish your work from Animate using CTRL/CMD + Enter. It always adds a question mark and some 15 random numbers after each asset.
You have to check both - HTML and JS files.

Another way , more simple, is never publis using Cmd+Enter hotkey, but always use "Publish" button from Publis Settings Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, very frustrating ...
For now I return to the 2019 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines