• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient in AI file turns solid red in Animate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a project for college, I wanted to animate some waves. The waves in question are a shape made in Illustrator using a gradient of different shades of blue. When I try to import this file into Animate it always turns the wave a solid red colour. I tried changing the file from CMYK to RGB, importing them seperately from the other images, using different extensions, but they always end up red. Why does this happen and, more importantly, how do I solve it? Attached is the image in Illustrater and the same file in Animate.

Illustrator:

GlenndeH_0-1603904176505.png

Animate:

GlenndeH_1-1603904228930.png

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see a problem importing a gradient stroke nor gradient fill using ai v25 and an v20.5.2.  i used default settings to save the ai file and default settings when importing to an empty frame/layer.

did you do something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I'm aware of. I saved it as an .ai without changing anything, and I imported it into Animate without changing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your ai file to a file server (eg, dropbox) and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

i opened your ai file in animate and it looked exactly as you showed with the blue gradient.  i saved and imported into animate and it showed exactly as you showed with a solid red.

i then did a number of things which failed including manipulating the color profile.  finally, i found that simply reapplying your blue gradient (by selecting the waves and applying your blue gradient fill), saving and then importing worked, as expected.

the bottom is the import of your ai file, and above that is the ai reimported after reapplying your gradient and resaving the ai file.

Screenshot - 10_29_2020 , 7_57_23 AM.png

i don't know what you could have done to cause the problem but i suggest reapplying your gradient to see if that solves the problem for you, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That...kind of works, but now it's a pretty simple blue-to-white gradient, instead of the more multicoloured version I had before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what fill you're using.  i see custom bluish fills in your ai fill panel but neither of those look like the one you used in your uploaded ai.

Screenshot - 10_29_2020 , 1_55_31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, maybe there's a glitch or something when you try to save gradients that makes it look different? Anyway, this has been a great help, and though it's not a 1-for-1 recreation, it'll still work for what I'm going for! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines