• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphical Glitches when exporting Texture Atlas at 0.5x

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same issue on Animate 2020 and Animate 2021, namely when I export Texture Atlases from symbols in my library to be used as elements for an animated character in Unity, when using 0.5x scaling factor (or anything below 1x), weird graphical errors appear: 

grimbanana_1-1620036165186.png

I've tried redrawing those sprites and it just ends up creating these types of errors in other frames. It seems unavoidable and I can't understand how to get around this problem. Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution? 

Manually resizing the elements in all the frames of the movieclip is not an option because of the existence of nested symbols which do not resize and appear lx in the atlas anyway: 

grimbanana_3-1620036286473.png

I'm kind of stuck. Help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Just in case if you have not, with Zero Transform, you have to not only reset the transformation of the container, but dig into the nested symbols and reset their matrices as well.

You can try to select the shapes that display those issues and press the smoothing button once.

If the impact is minimal and passable, that might help.

The other possible method could be to look into the points by selecting the shapes with the Subselect tool (White arrow) and inspect them at high magnification for any

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If nothing else works, you can try to Zero Transform your symbols, so that all artwork is at the desired (smaller) scale.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to encounter the same glitches when resizing with Zero Transform as well. This means it must be related to the actual drawing, some vector errors that only come out when resizing to a smaller resolution. But other than redrawing the frames that produce these issues I see no other workaround. Is there some Clean Up tool or script available for Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case if you have not, with Zero Transform, you have to not only reset the transformation of the container, but dig into the nested symbols and reset their matrices as well.

You can try to select the shapes that display those issues and press the smoothing button once.

If the impact is minimal and passable, that might help.

The other possible method could be to look into the points by selecting the shapes with the Subselect tool (White arrow) and inspect them at high magnification for any two points that are too close to one another or paths that intersect. Then manually delete said points and try to export again.

You can also try to convert lines to fills, if you have lines/strokes, or to separate the outline from the fill by selecting either and making it a drawing object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have just saved my life. The smoothing thing did the trick, the impact was indeed minimal and corrected the errors in 0.5x exports. Thank you so much for helping me find a solution! I've also downloaded the toolset that contains Zero Transform and it'll help me with this pipeline in other ways too. 

Thank you again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is great to hear, mate!

Well done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines