• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics symbol animation resets on each armature keyframe

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a character with a bone structure (using the bone tool.) In the symbol timeline for the character's head, I've created a facial animation. But in the main timeline, the facial animation resets to its first frame on evey keyframe of the main timeline's armature layer. How can I get the facial expression to play out without resetting?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hi mate,

Really, no point in persisting in attempts to make bones work for anything but the clumsiest demo which ticks the boxes that Animate has bones.

Seriously, they are unusable for any practical purposes and the sooner you abandon them the more grief and wasted time it will save you.

Instead explore the new built-in Layer Parenting to see if it satisfies your requirements (plenty of dead ends there too) or move on to Smart Marget Rigs or just the simple Classic Tween approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Really, no point in persisting in attempts to make bones work for anything but the clumsiest demo which ticks the boxes that Animate has bones.

Seriously, they are unusable for any practical purposes and the sooner you abandon them the more grief and wasted time it will save you.

Instead explore the new built-in Layer Parenting to see if it satisfies your requirements (plenty of dead ends there too) or move on to Smart Marget Rigs or just the simple Classic Tween approach.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. How do I remove bones? If I delete the armature layer, my character disappears. Even if I right-click>remove armature, my character still disappears when I delete the armature layer.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, mate,

I think that the safest way would be to select all your elements on the stage with the Select Tool (V) in the first keyframe of your armature, then right-click on one of the symbols and from the context menu choose Distribute to Layers.

Each symbol will go to its own layer and the armature and all bone-based animation will disappear without a trace.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines