Highlighted

Guide-O-Matic Laggy Test Render

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a rough animation with many different layers and files. Then I have put them all in a symbol.

I have been using this symbol as an easy cut and dry animatic I can work from to finialize my lines, color and code.

Lets say I start working on Scene1 of the animation.

The layout would probably look like this:

1.JPG

Lets just focus on the Final animation folder and the TTT_Animatic bellow it.

Lets say Scene_1 (Located in the folder) is coloured, finialized and ready for play testing.

I go to my animatic symbol and key frame where scene 2 starts and delete the symbol's content on the timeline for scene 1 as to avoid overlapping.

(The reason I do it like this and not {guide} is to still be able to see the next scene in animatic form without splitting into multiple layers)

-also-

(If I had repeated this for multiple scene's randomly across the animation I would see the animatic and the final cut)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to discussion:

This "guide-o-mattic" ultimately slows down my PC and the play tester to the point where the program freezes as I Test.

(for reference I know the problem is this layer, because when i change it to {guide} mode it runs fine.)

My point is to ask why does it slow down so much?

-Is there too much information in the symbol to be used that many times in the animation without lagging?

What can I do to fix this, but have the same approach?

Hi mate,

If the system starts to lag, it means there is too much stuff to calculate; too many points in the animatic, probably too many transparent colours on top of one another and so on.

Best way to tackle performance issues like this is to 'bitmap' the thing that slows you down.

Depending on how static or animated your 'guide-o-matic' is you can either export it as static panels or render it as video and import back nested into a Graphic container.

Depending on your version of Flash/Animate you may need to transcode to FLV or use an MP4 whatever your program is willing to import and map to frames.

Try with full resolution first. If CPU still struggles, render the video at half-resolution and scale up the symbol container.

You should be able to increase brightness on the animatic containing symbol rather than having a semi-transparent white layer that you have now.

(Guide and turn visibility off for your vector animatic layer, but keep it there for reference if you need 100% detail and clarity.)

Good luck!

NT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Guide-O-Matic Laggy Test Render

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a rough animation with many different layers and files. Then I have put them all in a symbol.

I have been using this symbol as an easy cut and dry animatic I can work from to finialize my lines, color and code.

Lets say I start working on Scene1 of the animation.

The layout would probably look like this:

1.JPG

Lets just focus on the Final animation folder and the TTT_Animatic bellow it.

Lets say Scene_1 (Located in the folder) is coloured, finialized and ready for play testing.

I go to my animatic symbol and key frame where scene 2 starts and delete the symbol's content on the timeline for scene 1 as to avoid overlapping.

(The reason I do it like this and not {guide} is to still be able to see the next scene in animatic form without splitting into multiple layers)

-also-

(If I had repeated this for multiple scene's randomly across the animation I would see the animatic and the final cut)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to discussion:

This "guide-o-mattic" ultimately slows down my PC and the play tester to the point where the program freezes as I Test.

(for reference I know the problem is this layer, because when i change it to {guide} mode it runs fine.)

My point is to ask why does it slow down so much?

-Is there too much information in the symbol to be used that many times in the animation without lagging?

What can I do to fix this, but have the same approach?

Hi mate,

If the system starts to lag, it means there is too much stuff to calculate; too many points in the animatic, probably too many transparent colours on top of one another and so on.

Best way to tackle performance issues like this is to 'bitmap' the thing that slows you down.

Depending on how static or animated your 'guide-o-matic' is you can either export it as static panels or render it as video and import back nested into a Graphic container.

Depending on your version of Flash/Animate you may need to transcode to FLV or use an MP4 whatever your program is willing to import and map to frames.

Try with full resolution first. If CPU still struggles, render the video at half-resolution and scale up the symbol container.

You should be able to increase brightness on the animatic containing symbol rather than having a semi-transparent white layer that you have now.

(Guide and turn visibility off for your vector animatic layer, but keep it there for reference if you need 100% detail and clarity.)

Good luck!

NT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2019 0
Guide ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Good luck!

NT

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0