• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having Problems with the Classic Brush tool and the Brush Library

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning how to use Animate for the first time this week, and so far, all has been good except for the brush tools. I tend to use a lot of textures in my art, and I want to include that in my animations, but I can't get the Brush Libarary to work on my computer. I've tried looking at tutorials online, but they don't help. I make sure to double click the texture from the library I want to use, but when I go to draw a line, it's set to the basic brush properties. And in my properties tab, there isn't a "style" option like what I've seen in other tutorials. 

Any ideas of why this is happening? All of my other programs work just fine, so it's mainly just an Animate problem. 

TOPICS
Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Find a tool called Paintbrush. It is the one that uses those texture 'brushes', which are actually strokes.

You can also draw strokes with the pencil and the line tool.

The Classic brush and the Fluid brush draw fills.

The naming of those tools is confusing.

The next thing that you will find out is that the texture brushes will start lagging very quickly if you use them for anything but the most basic things...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines