Highlighted

Hello

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I decided to learn Animate and make some simple animations. My journey has stopped when I cannot find any advice on how can I crop the scene image. It is bigger than the scene I chose to use. Yes, there is information on how to scale it, but scaling is impossible without that the image loses its proportions. I just want to CROP. After 3-4 hours trying to find the way, I have not found it. Not even any videos on YouTube how to do it to the scene image. There is information about how to crop animated images, not how to crop the scene image!
Can someone wiser than me tell how to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hello

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I decided to learn Animate and make some simple animations. My journey has stopped when I cannot find any advice on how can I crop the scene image. It is bigger than the scene I chose to use. Yes, there is information on how to scale it, but scaling is impossible without that the image loses its proportions. I just want to CROP. After 3-4 hours trying to find the way, I have not found it. Not even any videos on YouTube how to do it to the scene image. There is information about how to crop animated images, not how to crop the scene image!
Can someone wiser than me tell how to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Guide ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

You can mask the stage or just use the built-in option to clip and not show what is outside of your frame.

The second option is only half-measure, but may be good enough for you as you're just starting...

Use the third little button above your stage:

Clipboard-1.png

To see how things should be set up properly for animation you can download this movie template:

http://flash-powertools.com/edapt-movie-template-free-download/

and also read this article:   http://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

Hope this helps!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
Now I just must learn how to mask! 🙂

Have a great day! Thank you for the fast answer!

Best regards,
Sanna

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 1