• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Adobe Animate won't allow me to draw small circles!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm going to keep this short and sweet. So recently Animate won't let me draw a small circle unless I zoom in and draw a big one, then zoom back out. Even this way, my circles are never actually circular, the top part is flat and the bottom is circular. Like a hemisphere. Please help as soon as possible. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

As of today, the team has tested Animate on Wacom devices and there are no major known issues. The team is working towards improving the experience on Surface Pro as well. While several improvements have been made in past releases, there are a few that the team is still working on.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There have been multiple such topics in the past so look for them if you like.

You have not given information on your input device, but probably you will and it will change nothing.

There has been problems with various digitizers and Animate, most notably Surface Pro.

As far as I know there is no solution yet.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just wait for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, the team has tested Animate on Wacom devices and there are no major known issues. The team is working towards improving the experience on Surface Pro as well. While several improvements have been made in past releases, there are a few that the team is still working on.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is what worked for me. In addition to disabling press to hold, I disabled "Show visual effects" and enabled "Let me use my pen as a mouse in some desktop apps". Between the two I can now draw a tiny circle 60% of the time, although I have to wait two seconds before drawing another small circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the SAME issue on my surface.  Can't draw small circles--  just turns into a dot.ngbbs5a1adb0006a29.png

also I have a lag when I draw a line that makes the the first portion oddly straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so I got mine fixed somehow after trying a bunch of things and I'm not completely sure what triggered it to work but you can try all these...

-Restarted PC

-Uninstalled then Reinstalled Drivers

-Charged pen some more to make sure it wasn't in battery saving mode or something

-Reinstalled Animate

If none of this works, try the pen or tablet on another pc pc check to see if the problem is with your PC or your tablet. Anyways, good luck, hope you get it fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem but I'm drawing from a desktop with windows 10 and a huion drawing tablet/pen I reported this as a bug and they suggested that I do 

1. Edit-->Preference-->Edit Preference-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta) -->Press OK

However I have a new problem that when I switch to Beta I can draw my curved lines without the straight line at the begining but with Beta I have a new problem. For some reason I can't draw more than one line without having to re-click the frame over and over when I draw with my pen but doesn't do this when I draw multiple lines with a mouse 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any fix for this in the works? I have a lenovo yoga laptop and I can't draw small circles or strokes, it's really irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i just had to make sure i was on a new layer before it would work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines