• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help exporting an interactive map that works on Vimeo

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to Animate and am trying to make a simple map with one frame.  The end result I'd like is an embed code or something that can be put into Weebly so this map will function.  

The way it's supposed to work is when I hover over a button (the pink box with a number in it) a movie clip appears which is a white box with a title and photo.  When I click on the button it goes to a website.  I've finally figured this all out and it works fine when I test it in Animate, on a browser, or in an SWF file.   The plan is to create buttons with different info for each tent, but not until I find a way to make it useable on the web.  Help please!

The problem comes when I make a mp4 file.  https://vimeo.com/441067927  I get a 5 second long movie and only the white box with title and photo shows up.  There are no button and no actions.  I've tried saving as an animated gif and that doesn't work either.  What do I need to do differently?  I first made it in HTML5 Canvas and got frustrated trying to create files I could upload, so I made it over using Action3. 

Commonwheel_map.gif

Edit:  I think the answer is to use the HTML5 Canvas platform, export as an HTML page with Java script files and images to somehow incorporate into a website.  If you don't know how to use the Code Editor in Weebly to add such things, you're out of luck.  Am I right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a video (eg, an mp4) isn't interactive and as you surmise, you want to publish an html5 project.

adding that to a website requires some knowledge of html and possibly of css and js. 

if you don't know html, css and js either learn or hire someone, or yes, you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the honest answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines