• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: How to export to SVG from Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PS file that has text that I converted to a shape, plus another shape. I want to convert that to an SVG file, but, when I use the Explort As dialog, the only export file options are GIF, PNG and JPG. If I do Save As, the only options are Photoshop, Large Document Format, Photoshop PDF, and TIFF. 

I searched the help system, there's nothing there that I can find. Did they remove SVG export from Photoshop?? I sure hope not. I have Photoshop 22.4.3. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Hi everyone,

I understand how difficult it must be not to be able to export into an SVG format through Photoshop. However, I wanted to suggest trying Adobe Express as a possible solution for converting your images into the desired format: https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/image/convert/svg?cgen=JQVGW3QK&mv=other

I genuinely hope this helps in your work. Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi all,

Export to SVG format functionality discontinued from Photoshop 22.5 version in August'2021 last year. This feature in Photoshop has always been experimental and discontinued due to low usage and limitations.

If you still want to export your Photoshop document as SVG, you can follow any of these workarounds here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/export-artboards-layers.html#discontinue-export-as-svg

For Apple M1 users: Open Photoshop using Rosetta and ensure Preferences > tec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 251 Replies 251
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes and no. It creates an svg file but the content isn't vectorized. It's just an svg with an image layer containint the original rasterized graphics so it really doesn't serves that much of a purpose. You just wrap the original data in a new container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do I export a Photoshop image as an SVG and save as an image to upload in Indesign? It keeps saving as an Internet Explorer code, not an image I can upload in other CC files.

It successfully saves as an SVG finally, but each time I go to either import or place it just gives me a code. I don't know where to place code in Indesign yet, and I just want to be able to have an svg image on file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Creative Sync library would do that under the covers. CreativeSync - Adobe MAX 2015 - Create with Impact - YouTube

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Greetings !!!

Here are the steps that show how an image be saved as SVG from photoshop :http://creativedroplets.com/generate-svg-with-photoshop-cc-beta/

Also I would recommend Adobe Illustrator for SVG images.

As it comes to your second query of InDesign.

Open Indesign

Click File-> Place and check the import options

Now choose your SVG file, it will give you the import options of that SVG image.

Regards

Jitendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I've seen that link for the Photoshop 2014 update! However, my 2015 one doesn't have the "extract assets" options; also when I tried to do this before the update it still saved my image as a code, not an actual image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Extract Assets thing got changed in CC2015. Now it's File  >  Export  >  Quick Export as [file format]. The default setting is PNG. To get it to be SVG, you have to go to Edit  >  Preferences  >  Export... and choose between PNG, JPG, PNG-8, GIF or SVG. Counterintuitive? Well, uh, hmmm.

I don't have a copy of InDesign, but I created a SVG and threw it into Inkscape. It opened properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard on Inkscape but will look into it, but surely there has to be a way to do this on Adobe that I'm just missing? Still new to CC so I thought I'd ask on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi saras28135836

Yes you can try the steps that PBArtattack suggested.

Yes I forgot that new CC 2015 have the changed option of extracting assets that PBArtattack explained.

Regards

Jitendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm sorry, I might not be making my issue clear. I have already changed my export preferences/quick export to SVG, that part is successful, but when I go to import this SVG file into Indesign, it just gives me the code to paste/place in, not the actual image. Is there a way within Adobe CC to turn this code into the actual image to copy/paste in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Would you be able to share that SVG image so that we can try that at our end.

Regards

Jitendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really should keep out of this because this is outside my area of competency (ha!), but apparently the only way you can import/place a SVG in InDesign is to first open it in Illustrator and convert it to AI or PDF and then import it into InDesign.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Adobe-InDesign-still-not-support-the-placement-import-of-SVGs-in-CS6

The link dates from 2012, but I don't think the situation has changed.

Btw, Inkscape is the open source equivalent of Illustrator; they're both for vector graphics. Mind, I'm not pimping for non-Adobe products, it's just that I do so little vector work I can't really justify the expense of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop you can save an image as an svg by going to File > Export > Export As. Under file settings choose svg, then Export All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am trying to export a Photoshop Logo as an SVG. It not shwoing SVG option at Export As. The image is not clear when i save as PNG. [Spam link removed by moderator] Here is the logo that I upload.

It successfully saves as PNG which I also uploaded [Spam link removed by moderator]  Here as the platform logo. I don't know how to get my file saved as SVG. I just want to be able to have an svg image on file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing SVG save button pls......fix it

Missing SVG save button.jpg

{Post merged to the primary thread by Moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  @Mr.Luffy4589 

This feature is removed from Photoshop. Sorry about the interruption in workflow. You can check the following discussion and try the suggestions and workarounds: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-how-do-i-export-to-svg-from-photosh....

Best,
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the older 18.0.02 version of animate, but cannot get the .svg export to work.

I have used Animate for illustration work from way back in the Flash days as I have always found the drawing quality really useable. In the old days I always used to be able to export as a .ai file which I could then edit further in illustrator, and I'm sure I have in the past managed to export svg.

The svg option appears but is faded out like it's not available and no file actually saves out. (see screenshot)

It's a real shame if there is no way to export vector artwork like this, as I have never managed to find an alternative program that compares. I need to create some scaleable AW and nothing else works as well for drawing in vectors as Animate!

Any ideas how to get the svg export to work? Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Would it work in the new version of Animate? I'm running a pretty old laptop and peripherals and don't want to update my operating system if I can avoid it (which I'd have to in order to run the new version)

Adobe should take the vector drawing capability they have here and re-market it. There is nothing else in the vector world (that i've found) that comes close for responsive real-time accurate

drawing that picks up on the sensitivity of your pressure. The fill system is simple and works really well. I've tried lots of alternatives -  illustrator, concepts, inkscape, zeus draw...some like concepts seem good until you realise you can't export the line quality effect - it reverts to a basic vector path line! 

If anyone knows any programs that do work - i'd love to hear about them!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 13.26.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the problem?  you need to change svg profiles?

if not, click ok.

if yes, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klad,

When I press OK nothing happens - it doesn't save any file at all.

The SVG1.1 drop down looks faded out - so that doesn't look right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the faded drop down is expected.

did you check the folder where you saved your svg?  

if yes and there's no svg, create a new folder and save the svg in that new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT! thank you!! I made a new folder on my desktop and it works fine now!! That is really strange - but such a relief. I really am very grateful, what a strange glitch.

Many many thanks

Martha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am trying to export a Vector Graphic with Gradients and Transparency from Photoshop.

I have an illustration that has been done using Shapes in Photoshop, but when I try to export it, I don't see an option for SVG.

The graphic is intended for use on my website (hosted by Squarespace), and it has Gradients and a Transparent background. If there's another vector format that I could use, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Rajnesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop. Export As SVG I believe has been removed in the latest version of Photoshop 2021...

image.png
Photoshop 2020 will work

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines