HELP! Is it actually possible to export SVG image files?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the older 18.0.02 version of animate, but cannot get the .svg export to work.

I have used Animate for illustration work from way back in the Flash days as I have always found the drawing quality really useable. In the old days I always used to be able to export as a .ai file which I could then edit further in illustrator, and I'm sure I have in the past managed to export svg.

The svg option appears but is faded out like it's not available and no file actually saves out. (see screenshot)

It's a real shame if there is no way to export vector artwork like this, as I have never managed to find an alternative program that compares. I need to create some scaleable AW and nothing else works as well for drawing in vectors as Animate!

Any ideas how to get the svg export to work? Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Would it work in the new version of Animate? I'm running a pretty old laptop and peripherals and don't want to update my operating system if I can avoid it (which I'd have to in order to run the new version)

Adobe should take the vector drawing capability they have here and re-market it. There is nothing else in the vector world (that i've found) that comes close for responsive real-time accurate

drawing that picks up on the sensitivity of your pressure. The fill system is simple and works really well. I've tried lots of alternatives -  illustrator, concepts, inkscape, zeus draw...some like concepts seem good until you realise you can't export the line quality effect - it reverts to a basic vector path line! 

If anyone knows any programs that do work - i'd love to hear about them!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 13.26.44.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 06, 2021
kglad Adobe Community Professional , Jan 06, 2021
the faded drop down is expected.   did you check the folder where you saved your svg?     if yes and there's no svg, create a new folder and save the svg in that new folder.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the problem?  you need to change svg profiles?

if not, click ok.

if yes, why?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klad,

When I press OK nothing happens - it doesn't save any file at all.

The SVG1.1 drop down looks faded out - so that doesn't look right.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the faded drop down is expected.

did you check the folder where you saved your svg?  

if yes and there's no svg, create a new folder and save the svg in that new folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT! thank you!! I made a new folder on my desktop and it works fine now!! That is really strange - but such a relief. I really am very grateful, what a strange glitch.

Many many thanks

Martha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
kglad LATEST
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines