• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Movie Clip wont play in HTML5 Canvas

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an animation of a man walking with bone tools, and this animation is inside a movie clip. Then I am using motion classic tween to move the movie clip.      ( I am using HTML5 Canvas ).

When I played it ofc the movie clip wont play on main timeline, but I thought it would be played when I pressed CTRL + Enter.

Then again the movie clip wont play and even dissapeared!  ( No effect on the movie clip )

I don't know why its not working.. please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's 'ofc' mean?

and open your console to see if there are errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure your timeline keyframer is stretch out the length inside of the movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds like everything is okay.... but is the MovieCLip that you are talking about on the timeline for more then ONE frame?

You have to make sure the movieclip (MC) is on the timeline which is always moving unless you put a stop Action.

So if the MC is only on frame 1, then yes it will disappear. Go to a frame much further down the timeline, say frame 100 for now, and Right Click and select "Insert Frame" or press F5 to insert a frame which will allow the MC to be on the timeline for a longer duration and then you should see your animation playing.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you put a stop action code at the end in an action layer and you want the movie clip to continue what code should i use because this.mc.play() seems like wont work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this.mc.play() will always work, IF there are no extraneous (to this discussion) errors, and both:

1. this.mc.play() is on the timeline that contains mc and 'this' is within scope.  ie, this.mc references the movieclip you want to play.

and

2. this.mc.play() executes AFTER the stop() on this.mc's timeline executes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For instance my movie clip is lifelike I used  this.lifelike.play(); and it did not work or where in particular should I put the code? with the this.stop(); or just beore/after the stpo action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what do I do to make the movie clip continue to play bearing in mind

that publishing in animate 19 html by default doesnt keep play the motion

after stop action, clip unlike in animate cc 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be a scope issue.

1- where is your movie clip

2- where is your code

for example you could have the movie  clip anywhere on the main timeline

then you could have your code event on frame 1 of the main timeline

so I frame 1 the code would not work because the movie clip does not exist yet.

A way to avoid that is to use on frame 1 something like

var root = this;

// and code for your event and use

window.addEventListener("keypress", start.bind(this));

function start() {

root.mc.play();

}

here is an example:

https://app.box.com/s/d49x4jf95k1q29mz2yd41hx7gzqwwio5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you put a stop action on the MAIN timeline, then the Main timeline will stop until a user clicks a button that tells it to do otherwise.

Sounds like you are animating walking in an MC, and then tweeting that MC on the main timeline to get him to walk?

Maybe instead of using a stop action on the main timeline, you can just add a new keyframe where you want the character to STOP walking. Then change the Movie Clips behavior to a Graphic Symbol with a single frame, and choose the Frame that you want the character to stop on. Then the character will be stopped, and if you want to get him moving again you can simple add another keyframe and change the behavior back to a MovieClip which will get the man walking again. Meanwhile the main timeline will continue to play. All without any scripting.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines