• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help recovering a corrupted file?

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to open a .fla file one day and got an error message saying it could not be opened. I've tried everything I could find to recover this corrupted file:

- WinRAR repair technique

- Searched for recovery files

- Tried opening it in an older version of Animate

No luck whatsoever. This is almost 6 months of work on this project and the last time I remember backing it up was 2 months ago (still punching myself for it). Is my project a lost cause? If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! I'm desperate!

Link to file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oe9wu0eq526h9fa/new.fla/file

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm sorry about this.

Do you still have a SWF with the most recent changes you made? Because it's also possible to recover the FLA by decompiling the SWF.

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfortunately I put myself into probably the worst possible situation for this problem xd

I guess this is a loss on my part then? I realized the error in my ways and hopefully in my reattempt at my project I can remember to back up my files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

Sorry for the delay.

I was able to open your FLA. The main timeline, frames, and tweens are there, but the instances are not being rendered.

Don't you have any older SWF exported? It doesn't need to be the most recent because it's better to lose a considerable part of the work than everything I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, I appreciate your help.

The SWF I have with me is older than my backup, so if I were to recover with the SWF, I might as well use my backup file and start from there instead xd

I appreciate you taking the time to help me though. Is there any way I could get back those instances or are they gone forever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines