• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Transformation point hell

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been stuck trying to create the simplest of tweens, one that took seconds in Flash. 

Basically I have a 2px cube that i want to tween into an extending line by scaling the cube down the way. I set the transformation point in the first keyframe to top centre, create the final keyframe with the TP set top centre as well. Create a classic tween between them and then scale the cube on the final keyframe to the desired length.

However, everytime i then view the tween, the TP moves on the final keyframe rendering the animation useless. 

Why is it doing this and what can I do to enable this simplest of tweens. 

Any help is appreciated. 

TOPICS
How to , Other , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't moving the transformation point of the final shape after creating the end keyframe, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I set it beforehand, before i create the tween. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like scaling is buggy when the transform factors get into the thousands of percents. I'd recommend using a shape tween instead. Or, instead of scaling a small symbol up, scale a large symbol (the full-size line in your case) down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

This article should give you all the answers about T-point and R-point, even to questions that you have not yet asked.

http://flash-powertools.com/understanding-symbol-registration/

Make sure you take the time and watch the video at the end too.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines