• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help using paint tool sai with animate?

Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, i'm a pretty new animator with only 3 vids so far. Until now Ive used paint tool sai to draw, then import my drawings into animate to use as objects. However, a large chunk of my time spent doing this is seperating all the objects before i import them into animate. I do this because when i import 2 layers from sai that overlap one another, it creates a fuzzyness around the edge of said object. So if i'm drawing 10 different mouth shapes on different layers i have to space them out to where none of them are touching and make sure theres no background behind them. *i upload backgrounds serpately to not have an issue with this.    Can anyoe tell me why this is happening? How can upload from sai without the fuzzy edges?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Ive actually solved this issue, it was simple. While Importing layers into sai one needs to import the image as "bitmap image with editable layer styles" and the issue is solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

UPDATE: Actually I found that you also have to name your layers you're importing something besides numbers for some reason.......Like it cant be 1,2,3....it has to be frame1,frame2,frame3....Why this makes a difference? I'll never know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive actually solved this issue, it was simple. While Importing layers into sai one needs to import the image as "bitmap image with editable layer styles" and the issue is solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: Actually I found that you also have to name your layers you're importing something besides numbers for some reason.......Like it cant be 1,2,3....it has to be frame1,frame2,frame3....Why this makes a difference? I'll never know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines