Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with communication between HTML5 animation and web page

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I used Flash many years ago and I've just created a small animated interface in HTML5 Canvas using Adobe Animate. My skills are basic but I've made the animation using simple commands. The animation zooms in to hotspots when clicked and shows a small amount of text with a 'read more' button. When that button is clicked I'd like to use this modal system:

https://joaopereirawd.github.io/animatedModal.js/

I have it working separatedly. It uses 'href' in anchor links with javascript to launch the modals. I'm hoping there's an easy way to launch these from the animation.

Any help much appreciated.

TIA,
Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the actions panel, use the script include option in animate to add external libraries like animatedModal.js

include.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help. So I include animatedModal.js script in the web page and include it as an external library in the animation. I'm going to try that first thing in the morning.

I'm not sure how to go about initialising this script though. I've managed to get it working well in the web browser using the anchor link method, but I'm unsure how to initialise thes in animate. I've used the 'window.location' command before to open a url but I don't think that will work for this. 

I'll try in the morning and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it initializes and is ready to use after the first frame loads.  ie, you can just start using the library on the main timeline's frame 2 or any other time (eg, when an object is clicked) as long as it's not immediately on frame 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines