• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hover on a text area

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have managed to create an action that triggers an animation when hovering on a button, which is a text.

The hover has effect only if the mouse is on the text. If the cursor is within the area of the text, but doesn't touch the font, for instance the space between two letters, the hover is not triggered.

Is there a way to keep a transparent text and having the hover being affected by a rectangular area, regardless if it is filled by the font or not?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

use a (or for html5, nearly) transparent rectangle in your text movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Make a button with only the hit area as a rectangle and put it over your text. The button will automatically be transparent.

In the past the rectangle would have shown as transparent blue but it does not anymore.

You can put this button in your text  movieclip or you can just put it over the movieclip outside of it.

In anycase, give this button an instance name and address the button instead of the movieclip.

I hope this makes sense.

button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a (or for html5, nearly) transparent rectangle in your text movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did it alpha value 1, but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a button with only the hit area as a rectangle and put it over your text. The button will automatically be transparent.

In the past the rectangle would have shown as transparent blue but it does not anymore.

You can put this button in your text  movieclip or you can just put it over the movieclip outside of it.

In anycase, give this button an instance name and address the button instead of the movieclip.

I hope this makes sense.

button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I will do the next time.

Meanwhile I have created movie clips with alpha 1, in a different layer, aligned to the text... it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines