• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hover Problems On Button Inside a Movie Clip

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canvas document containing a Movie Clip that contains another Movie Clip and a button within that Movie Clip... basically this:

• Parent Movie Clip
    • Child Movie Clip
      • Button

When user hovers the Parent Movie Clip it flips and grows and then the Child Movie Clip containing the Button animates in. The initial Parent hover works ok, however, when I hover the Child Movie Clip containing the Button the Parent Movie Clip executes it's mouseout action instead of staying in it's hover state as well. Can someone help me get the Parent Movie Clip to stay when the Child is hovered and then when the mouse pointer goes outside of the Parent + Child Movie Clips then play have the mouseout action execute? I tried attaching the file but the forum gave me an error, so here's a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt44umwoyw4t4od/test.fla?dl=0.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

I just switched the initial animation to activate on click instead of on hover... having a button inside the movie clip that revealed itself on hover was just causing too many issues and when I hovered the button inside the movie clip it sees that as a mouseout event on the movieclip. Switching the movie clip to reveal/flip on click wasn't 100% ideal but the deadline for the project in question is coming up fast and I needed to move on.

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure how many others (if any) saw your message and opted to not respond because it requires downloading a file, but because i do not download and correct files unless hired i bypassed your message when read on 12/1.

my post will move your message toward the top of the animate forum so someone else may opt to download your file, but otherwise you shouldn't request file downloads (or offer to pay if corrected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

Thanks for your response and the bump. I'm not requesting for someone to fix the file and I believe that was clear in my post. I merely uploaded the file so ppl could see how my file is laid out in case my explanation was confusing. The file I uploaded isn't even my project file it's just a sample/test file with the same layout/structure as the project in question.

Do you have any input based on the explanation I wrote without downloading the file? Again, the file was just uploaded to help show my issue. I'm hoping someone else can point me in the right direction here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as3 or html5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an HTML5 Canvas document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a movieclip button and you can explicitly control mouseover/mouseout by using movieclip keyframes.

you might be able to use a button and control its button states but you'll need to check the createjs documents to see if that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched the initial animation to activate on click instead of on hover... having a button inside the movie clip that revealed itself on hover was just causing too many issues and when I hovered the button inside the movie clip it sees that as a mouseout event on the movieclip. Switching the movie clip to reveal/flip on click wasn't 100% ideal but the deadline for the project in question is coming up fast and I needed to move on.

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines