• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I export Animate elearning project to SCORM 1.2?

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am elearning designer and developer (primary using Adobe Captivate). I am also user of Flash since version 8 (time to time) but I discovered new Animate CC version 2020 - and is just EXCELLENT. There is so many options to create various type of content and export projects just EVERYWHERE (include new 64bit support for Android apps creation). All works for me very fine. Since v.2020 is released, I decided to extend my skills in Animate CC (animation and programming skills - AS, JS) to be able create more professional and intelligent elearning content (because Captivate is quick, but instant solution). Not bad with Captivate, but I think TOGETHER Animate and Captivate enviroment will allow me to go to higher step of my production.

Is there some way, how can I export (package) Animate project to SCORM 1.2, wich can be uploaded on LMS systems?

Y.

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Import and export , Missing feature , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong in saying this but from my research I  don't think there is a way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yarik. Try exporting your animate proyect as a AOM file (not sure if this is an option in as3, but in canvas you find it in the publishing settings) and import this file in Captivate. You can create each slide in animate and import them in diferents slides in captivate. Whith JS you can comunicate variables or set triggers between the AOM file and captivate, for instance to hide/show the next button in Cp when all the content created in animate is seen by the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The traditional way was to make a SWF (which can be full of AS3) in Animate and import it onto a Captivate slide.  Works great - except it requres the end use to have Flash Player in their browser.

Alternatively, if you build your project in Animate as an HTML5/Canvas object, you can publish to OAM, which generates a .oam file.  Captivate can import that onto a slide (Media, HTML5 command) BUT it has problems.  An OAM file is basically the HTML5 package zipped into a file, but Animate seems to leave out any Global Include JS script files you defined in the Actions pane. 

Alternatively in Animate you can publish to HTML5 (not OAM) and you get a package of files, including the main .html file and all script, spritesheet, and other files.  You zip that yourself, and in Captivate you can do the same Media, HTML command to import it. Cath - Captivate assumes that the first .html file (in alphabetical order) is the launch point.

Let us know how it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines