• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I play a swf file, if Adobe recommends uninstalling Flash?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I am a little bit puzzled about how I can open a swf file, which is published with Adobe Animate if at the same time I am supposed to uninstall Flash Player, recommended by Adobe? So a software is creating a file, which you can't open anymore with the very same piece of software? Does this makes sense?

I want to check my animations with the standalone player as before, since the preview publishing (ctrl+enter) doesn't show everything correct and how the swf file behaves (canvas, performance, etc). It's proved since years that playing the swf file with Flash Player is the only way to see a 100% correct view of your creation.

So I understand when the browser plugin of Flash has to be unsintalled due to security issues, but why is there no standalone player, which is installed with Adobe Animation, so users can check their published files?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Don't confuse the web browser plugin (which is now defunct) with the standalone Flash Player, mate!

You can use the standalone as much as you like.

The standalone FlashPlayer.exe is here: 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate 2021\Players 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't confuse the web browser plugin (which is now defunct) with the standalone Flash Player, mate!

You can use the standalone as much as you like.

The standalone FlashPlayer.exe is here: 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate 2021\Players 

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but team mates uninstalled Flash by clicking on the prompt which popped up by Adobe saying Flash should be uninstalled. And they also lost their standalone player, not being able to open swf files anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an EXE.

It is standalone.

Just copy the file FlashPlayer.exe and share it with them.

They should put it somewhere (anywhere) on to their local drives, right-click a SWF and choose Open With..., then point to the standalone player.

SWF files will be associated with it and open when double-clicked.

It's as simple as that.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already did. I was just wondering, why Adobe uninstalls the standalone player, while people having Adobe Animate installed. This doesn't make sense.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link doesn't work. 

Your file couldn’t be accessed

It may have been moved, edited, or deleted.

Any update and how to export animate files.. so theycan be played... nothing seems to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Ruffle web extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ruffle/donbcfbmhbcapadipfkeojnmajbakjdc?hl=en) or Ruffle Web Demo (https://ruffle.rs/demo/) The extension adds Ruffle to any flash element. and the Web Demo allows you to import your .swf files. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines