• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save my custom workspace in Animate 2020?

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Animate Community! I'm an old Flash user and back to make a project in Animate for the first time in a long while. I set up a custom workspace but don't see where I can save it, under Window>Workspaces. I just see an option to RESET to Classic, which is what I based my custom workspace off of. 

Referencing the internet, I see NEW WORKSPACE is under the menu above but I don't see it on my system. I read online that there is a "workspace switcher" but I can't find it. Is this switcher just the menu, under Window>Workspaces, above?

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Hi mate,

Yeah, in Animate 20 it's a button at the top-right of the application window which will pop a menu/dialog of sort that lets you manage your workspaces.

Clipboard-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be ever so helpful if you'd post which version of Animate you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ClayUUID,

I'm running v 20.0 (build 17400) on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a Workspace dialogue that lets me save a custom workspace. For me, it's up in the top right corner, on the same row as the home and Mac OSX Finder window controls, next to Test Movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Yeah, in Animate 20 it's a button at the top-right of the application window which will pop a menu/dialog of sort that lets you manage your workspaces.

Clipboard-1.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a poor descision to make it impossible to create a custom workspace from the window>workspaces panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!  No clue why they don't put the 'save new workspace' setting in Window > Workspaces with all the other workspace options.. smh... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have to agree with you, but whatever the reason, it's been that way for as long as i can remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just changes the interface for the sake of change now. They create more problems then they solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, Adobe! That's poor UX, plain and simple. There's no reason I should be wasting time Googling how to create new workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Balero98 

you can make suggestions to adobe here: for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines